Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Outside

☀     ☀     ☀     ☀
Early morning it was cold and icy so I didn't walk outside and walked 2 miles in the basement.  The sun did come up though and it sure was nice to see the sun and a bright blue sky.

It was Baby Blanket day at church this morning so I left at 9:30 for that.  Only 7 of us were there but as usual we had fun making the blankets and talking.
All the material is out there on the table and every one picks out the material they want to use.  You can see my place at the table there with the weave-its.
I was back home for lunch and afterwards I went outside for a walk.  Even though it was 19 degrees, the sun was shining and there was no wind.  With the sun out a lot of melting going on.  I walked around town to see where places were clear of ice and snow so I'll know where I can walk tomorrow morning.  During the night all the wet places will have turned to ice again.   

I walked over to the post office to mail off a birthday card to a friend and stopped at the library to pick up the next book club selection.  It was decided to read another book anyway even though this month it was cancelled.  We'll just discuss two books in March.


The cemeteries haven't been cleared of snow nor has the loop behind the ball park.  Most of the roads are clear and dry, though not the sidewalks.   I'm pretty sure I'll be able to walk in the morning.  Even though it was so nice to take a walk outside this afternoon it is still not quite the same as a morning walk.  There is just something better about an early morning walk.  

I saw an older couple walking and they said hi and commented on how beautiful it was out.  

Walked 4 miles outside.

We felt like pizza tonight for supper so we went to the new Little Caesars for one. We got the thick crust this time.  I think I like that better than the thin one they make.

Now for a nice cozy evening at home.  I'm thinking cheese and crackers for my snack later tonight.  Plan on doing some knitting too, and maybe even have a little time to start my book.  

Hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone : )
A people that values it privileges above its principles
soon loses both
~ Dwight D Eisenhower
Comment Replies:
BettyC - Very creative!  : )

11 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I'm glad you could walk outside this afternoon!
The blanket ministry is very sweet.
Have a lovely evening, K!

Adam said...

I always considered LC's pizza thick and not thin. And then you have deep dish

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those corn stalks in the snow reminded me of soldiers on patrol.I may have a strange way of seeing things,but that's what I saw.Very interesting.

Snow said...

I'm thinking cornfield graveyard. I've never seen corn in the snow like that before. Glad you and Ken are still having fun!

Happy@Home said...

It may be cold outside, but it sure is pretty. Love that blue sky.
I can see a whole lot of babies will be keeping warm thanks to you and your friends at church.
We had pizza for dinner tonight too. Ours was a California Pizza Kitchen (from the freezer).

Vee said...

Hope that you get to walk outside in the morning. It's pretty icy in my corner...one feels blessed to stay vertical walking across a parking lot. Your church's ministry to new babies is a big blessing.

Melanie said...

I'm glad you finally got your walk outside. It looks lovely. A nice thing to get together to make baby blankets! Have a great day.

John's Island said...

Hi Karen, For a great comparison take a look at your corn picture in your post Thursday, June 18, 2015. :-)

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, we had the same sunny, cool weather here yesterday. We enjoyed a long walk out side.
Our city isn't the best for clearing the sidewalks so we end up walking a lot on the cleared roads. Today we went for a 6:30a.m. walk and I agree with you, I prefer to walk early in the morning.

Nellie said...

You had a very productive day, though the morning walk was not a "go." I agree that there is nothing quite like walking in the morning hours, just as the world is waking. We have warming temps here, so perhaps they will reach you before too many days!:-)

Prunella Pepperpot said...

It looks gorgeous where you live. Loved the photo of the corn stalks.
Have a great weekend :)