Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Foggy morning

☀     ☀     ☀     ☀

A foggy morning today when I started out on my walk.  It was 47 degrees and very still.

I walked around town and again it was very quiet and peaceful around town.  Too early for most people to be up and about on a Saturday morning.  Just me and the birds.  : )

Walked around the two cemeteries again too and the loop at the ball park.

I thought this two colored daffodil was pretty.
By the time I got back home, the sun had burned all the fog away and the sun was shining brightly in a pretty blue sky.
I walked 5.4 miles.
Found a penny.  : )
☀     ☀     ☀     ☀
It was a beautiful summer like day with temperatures in the 70's and I spent a good part of the day outside.  Ken was gone for the day so we didn't get to finish the stone around the garden.  He made me promise I wouldn't do it alone.  So I did other garden work around the yard.

I ate lunch out on the front porch and later in the afternoon I sat out there and read for a while.  A couple from church happened to drive by and saw me sitting out there and stopped by to say hi and stayed for a little while.

It's been a pleasant day here in western Maryland.
Hope your day was sunny and bright.
happyone : )
Some changes look negative on the surface
but you will soon realize that space is being
created in your life for something new to emerge.
~ Eckhart Tolle

6 comments:

Sue said...

I love early morning fog, so peaceful! Looks like a perfect day for you, ours was a little busy today getting some dogwood trees and Japanese maple at a nursery about 40 miles away, for a landscaping job we are doing for my sister. We saw some beautiful rolling hills.
Blessings,
Sue

eileeninmd said...

I love the pretty daffie! I am glad you had a nice day! Great quote! Have a happy Sunday!

Dianna said...

Sounds like such a pleasant day. The weather was gorgeous! Thank you for the quote! I've added it to my quote journal. :)

John's Island said...

Happy Sunday Happyone! Had to catch up on a couple of your posts this morning as I took a short break from blogging. Found several great photos, as I often do on your blog. Glad to hear your mom is doing well. Looks like you are getting some good weather ... sure happy to see that. Have a great week ahead!

Kerri Farley said...

Saturday started foggy here too - but turned out awesome! You captured it perfectly!

Vee said...

How nice to have company stop by. Helps while the time away. I think that daffodil is very pretty.