Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 13, 2015

The morning sky

A beautiful sky this morning.
☁     ☁      ☁     ☁
37 degrees this morning and windy.  Watched the sun come up and it was sunny during my walk.  Thought these clouds looked pretty cool.
Left my new usual time it seems at 7:10 and walked over to the library and dropped off a book in the slot and then continued on over to the Post Office which is only two blocks away and mailed off another Netflix.  By the way, I only have 4 items in my queue and need to pick some more things.  Any one have some good movies or shows to recommend?

Walked all over town this morning, around the cemeteries and the ball park loop.  I saw the woman with the ear phones and we stopped to chat again.  Learned her name is Kathy. : )

The pond down by the Drane House is melting.  Saw a few geese sitting on the ice near the water.
 The town pond is still ice covered and walked down around there too.

I walked 6.3 miles.
☁     ☁     ☁     ☁
Home during the day doing this and that around the house.  Just the usual day but a good one.

The clouds chased the sun away mid morning and its been cloudy ever since and it is supposed to rain. 

I'll be leaving in a little while for my evening out with the ladies.   I put the Black and White cookies on a pizza tray and 12 of them fit perfectly on it.  I wanted to keep them all in a single layer.  Hopefully they will get there in one piece.

Hope your day was a good one and you smiled often.
 happyone : )
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy,
they are the charming gardeners
who make our souls blossom.
~ Marcel Proust

11 comments:

Dianna said...

Have a fun evening! :)

Kerri Farley said...

You sure do live in a beautiful place!!!
Recommendations for shows/movies - you may have seen some of these before.

#1 New Tricks - BBC television I think - Female lead detective - I would start with the first season and watch in order
#2 Foyles War - Another BBC program - EXCELLENT! (another one I would start with 1st season and watch in order)
#3 - Inspector Lewis - another favorite of mine!

#4 Call The Midwife (I haven't watched but my sister loves it)

Have you watched any of these?

Pom Pom said...

I just watched First Position (about ballet students) and it was GOOD!

John's Island said...

Beautiful sunrise and then beautiful cloud photo! Have a fun evening. And a good weekend too!

Nellie said...

I hope your evening has been a lot of fun! Lovely pictures! We've had lots of rain for the past week. More expected tomorrow, then two or three dry days before the rain begins again!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Gorgeous skies!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

You certainly have beautiful skies! pretty scenes as you walk.

George said...

You captured a gorgeous morning sky, but the clouds against the blue are pretty as well.

Jeanne said...

It's so nice that the freeze is gone! Lovely pictures.

Joyful said...

Fantastic shots of beautiful skies.

o2bhiking said...

That is indeed a beautiful sky - just lovely!