Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday

Sunny flowers on a rainy day
✻     ✻     ✻     ✻
We had thunder storms late yesterday which continued through the night.  There was a tornado watch and we could see the clouds moving in two directions in the sky and it looked pretty threatening but thankfully no tornado.

This morning it was just cloudy when I first started walking and 60 degrees.  It wasn't long into my walk before it started raining and I got pretty wet.  It's summer though and I don't mind getting wet and it is better than carrying an umbrella.  I walked the Farm Loop and around town. The woman in the red car (turns out is Farmer George's daughter and lives next door to her dad) that I see most days walking the FL stopped, rolled her window down and asked if I wanted a ride.  Of course I told her no but thanked her for asking.

I saw the a big milk tanker truck over at the dairy farm.  After walking past all this time I can't believe that was the first time I've seen one there. 

By the time I got back to town the rain had stopped and I could see a few breaks in the clouds.  It was windy too and I was almost dry by the time I was back home. 

Didn't see any one else out walking.
I couldn't get my camera to turn on so couldn't take any pictures.  The picture above is one I took the other day.
I walked 6.6 miles.
✻     ✻     ✻     ✻
When I got home Ken said I should check the batteries in my camera but the batteries were good ones so I didn't think that was the problem.  Ken took the batteries out anyway and put they very same ones back in, and wouldn't you know, the camera works again.  Crazy!!

It's been raining on and off all day and has stayed cool.

I did some things around the house and went outside to weed in-between the rain showers.  Ken has been up to Happy Trails a few times getting fill for his patio project. 

Also finally finished another book.  Haven't spent much time reading lately.  I've finished Gunpowder Green by Laura Childs which is number 2 in the Tea Shop Mystery series.

That's it for today.
May your day be happy and bright even if its raining.
happyone : )
✻     ✻     ✻     ✻
I learn more about God
from weeds that from roses;
Resilience springing
through the smallest chink of hope
in the absolute of concrete....
~ Phillip Pulfrey
Three Thankful Things Today
  1. Summer rain
  2. Ken puts out candy for me once in a while for me to find and today it was a malt balls.
  3. Friendly neighbors

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

You are committed to walking, to be out there in the rain.. Our weather has changed after some thunderstorms, it is breezy and cooler.. Does not feel like July.. Sounds like you had a nice day.. Enjoy your new week ahead!

Vee said...

We're getting those thunderstorm and tornado warnings right now. It's been a nasty weather day.

You must have people interested by your walking...they probably can't believe how much you walk in all weather. I love that Ken puts a bit of candy around for you to find.

Nellie said...

I've always thought it would be easier to pull weeds after - or during - a rainfall. The rain should moisten the ground to make it easier.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Summer rains are nice...we have had some here! We are always thankful for rain during the hot summers. So cute that Ken gives you candy. Enjoy your Tuesday.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

We had tornado warnings here all weekend but luckily none materialized. We did have several powerful storms though. I love them!

Kerin said...

Yay for the rain!!!
The picture of the flowers is very pretty, and so summery.

Glad your Sweetie puts out a sweet for you.... yum, malt balls :)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have friendly neighbors. Although it's been cool the last couple of nights, we don't dare sleep with the windows open for fear someone will break in. It does happen in our court.
Mary Jo

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful the tornado watch didn't turn into something more menacing. Sounds like a lovely walk.

o2bhiking said...

I always worry a bit a tornadoes. It must be terrifying to be near one. But all in all, sounds like a pretty good day.