Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Another fine day

Clover
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
Once again it was 60 degrees this morning when I started walking.  Rained last night but this morning it was just cloudy and the sun came out at the end of my walk.

Had one of those random walks where I just went wherever my feet took me.  Seems everywhere I walk I see lots of rabbits.  Saw a little gray snake which was about 1 foot long.  He went right across my path when walking around one of the cemeteries.

Don't walk down the road in the picture very often but it is such a pretty place to walk.  There are houses all along the right side.  The main road is a block over and the one I walk on going to the Farm Loop road.

Didn't see any one else out walking.
I walked 6.1 miles.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
I was the only person last night at the book club who didn't like the book that much.  Like I said it was okay but not a page turner for me.  I didn't NOT like it enough though not to read it.  The next book, if I don't really like it by the end of the second chapter, I'm not going to read it.  Before I start on it I have another book I'd like to read first.

We really enjoyed the music program at church yesterday.  The singers were called GloryBound Quartet and they were from the Heartland Baptist Bible College, which I think is in Oklahoma.  Though they are called a quartet there are 6 of them.  4 sing, 1 plays the piano amazingly good and one is the sound man.  They sang quite a few songs and one of them also gave a short sermon.  So glad we decided to go. : )  We bought a couple of their CD's too.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
Right after breakfast we headed back to church to work some more on getting the garden and fencing done.  Well, first we stopped up at Happy Trails to pick up some tools and the garden cart. This little sprucing up has taken off and has become quite a project.  Today we planted two lilac bushes, Ken fixed part of the fence, and we made a nice edge all around the garden and also around by the dish. Another couple was there working on getting the inside of the broadcasting shed fixed up nicely.  They were in and out through the garden so we couldn't put the mulch down without getting in their way so we will go back one last time to so some final touches.

Sunday, June 22 will be the 15th year anniversary that the radio station as been broadcasting and there will be an open house that day for people to check it out.

We got back home late afternoon and boy did it rain once we were back home.  I'll have to go out and check the rain gauge again.

My friend Bernice called late this afternoon and we had a nice long chat.  We haven't seen each other in quite a long.  Her daughter Stacey is getting married next month and we will be seeing each other then. : )  Happy days ahead.

Yesterday I didn't have much time to read blogs and today as been the same so I am way behind now.  As you know that doesn't take long!!  I will catch up though, if not tonight than tomorrow.

Hope your day as been a happy one and your evening as well.
happyone : )
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
Only your real friends
will tell you when your face is dirty.
~ Sicilian Proverb
Three Thankful Things
  1. Sun and rain to make to make our gardens grow
  2. Bernice, my friend, who will tell me if my face is dirty. : )
  3. Your kind comments

11 comments:

Vee said...

Sam and I came by to see the message on the path today and how you fixed it. He was so funny because he wondered if someone had written that about him. So we had a discussion about the likelihood of that. He said that you had to be a nice lady. Then I took Jake over to see the restaurant at My Front Porch called "Wake Up Jake."

The concert sounds as if it was wonderful. Music makes the spirit soar. I'll look to see if they have anything on You Tube.

Vee said...

They do!

eileeninmd said...

It is a pretty street to take your walk.. The garden sounds like it will be beautiful when it is done. All thanks to your hard work.. I am thankful for the sun when it comes out this week, we have had a lot of rain lately.. Have a great evening.

o2bhiking said...

Glad you got in a nice walk today before the rain. You have a lot of great places to walk. And you always seem to have a busy day, no matter what. It is good of you both to do the volunteer work. And I am glad that you enjoyed the music. Art

George said...

I hope you like the new book club book better than the previous one. There are too many good books to read to waste time on one I don't like. Your church garden project has really grown.

Beth said...

I love to read! I do have a 14 page rule. If I am not caught up in the story by then I choose another book.

The concert sounds wonderful!

Nellie said...

You've had a very productive day! Isn't it a good feeling to know that you are doing things that make a difference to other people?

Kerri Farley said...

Sounds like a very nice day .....and a call from an old friend is wonderful :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Random walks in which you go wherever your feet take you are the best walks. It's nice to not follow a certain path sometimes, whether it's a literal path or a metaphorical one :-)

Happy@Home said...

I was in a book club for a few years and that was one of the reasons I stopped going. Many of the books were just "okay" in my opinion. Hope you have better luck with your next book.
I can't wait to see the finished garden. That is if you are planning to show us pictures :D.
Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know how easy it is to fall behind on reading blogs - I'm very guilty of it! :)

Sounds like you and Ken have been very busy, especially with the church garden. Looking forward to seeing it when you're finished planting and putting down mulch, etc.

I love your Sicilian proverb! :D

Hope you have a great weekend,

~Lindy