Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Good for 6 months

48 degrees this morning, pretty calm out there but a slight drizzle.  Not enough to take along an umbrella though and I was just slightly damp.  Only had to wear a long sleeve tee shirt and a sweat shirt.

Didn't want to get too far away from the house in case it started raining harder so stayed around town.
 Waved to the usual bus drivers and Joe in his town truck and talked to one of the men who work at the garage in town.  Other than that it was pretty quiet around town.

I noticed my neighbor's lilac bush has some buds on it.  I love lilacs and I'm going to ask EvaJean if I can cut some branches and try to root them so I can have some in my yard too.

I walked 6.2 miles.
☂     ☂     ☂     ☂     ☂
Back to Dr Allen this morning for my teeth cleaning.  Happy to say all went well.  Dr Allen and Tammy her assistant go for walks around town when the weather is nice and pass right by my house.  They asked me to join them sometime.  I told them I'd like that and will come out and join them when I see them.  They like the daisies that grow in my yard and  I told them they could pick some for the office whenever they want.
What a pleasant place to go to the dentist. : )

I'm reading the next book in the Cedar Cove series - I'm on the fourth one.  I feel like this series is a soap opera only in book form and I'm enjoying them.

We are going out to Walmart in just a bit to pick up some food and a few other things we need.  We'll stop for a bite to eat for supper while we are out.

Hope your day went well and you smiled often.
happyone : )
The best solution seldom requires
that someone be right and someone else be wrong.
~ Robert Brault
Three Happy Things for Today
  1. Finished with the dentist for 6 months
  2. New Friends
  3. Old Friends

Comment replies:
Vee - Yes, 39 cents this month is the best so far this year.  Not very good is it!!

Anonymous - No, I didn't know it was National Walking Day today.  I should go out for another walk to celebrate. : )

To all of you -Thanks so much for your comments.
Each one makes me smile : )

7 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am going to begin that series of books pretty soon. You new dentist sounds very, very nice. Making new friends is so much fun. Have a good day.

Beth said...

Your new dentist sounds like a great person! What is the population of the town you live in? From the pictures you take it looks like a very small town.

Vee said...

Oh I don't know...39¢ isn't all that bad! Things are really getting springy there now!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what an attractive-looking church in your first photo and I love the stone wall in the second.

What a pleasant place you now live!

~Lindy

P.S. Just noticed the follow by e-mail link on your blog today, so I signed up! :-)

Jeanne said...

Yes it's always good to get the dentist out of the way for another 6 months.
Love the first picture with the white church.

Marianna said...

I love the Cedar Cove books. I was sad that I discovered the Hallmark Channels series about them after it had already aired six episodes!

Kerri Farley said...

I LOVE your 3 happy things for today :)