Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Upper shed floor framing

I started my walk going to visit the horses again and the brown one trotted on over to see me.
Then it was another walk into town.  I'm starting to see some of the same people in the morning - people on their way to work, the bus drivers, and just people around town.  I'm feeling right at home already and we don't even live here yet.

Ken picked me us as usual by the little pond.  There were a couple people fishing in that little pond!!!
I walked 5.7 miles.

We got the floor to the shed all framed out this morning!!  It got done faster than I thought.  The door will be on the far side.  I'll refer to this shed as the Upper Shed.
I quit work at lunch time and took a shower and washed my hair and then sat out on the deck in the sun and read for a while.  Ken was busy in the tractor barn making shelves.

Another trip to Lowe's this evening to get the wood for the floor for the upper shed.  Also picked up some paint and will paint the floor before we put up the walls.

It was a beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the 60's.  A perfect spring day. 
And that's been my Wednesday.

Hope your enjoyed your day too.
Happyone : )

Comment replies:
Debbie - We are much farther west than Hagerstown, about 90 miles farther - we are a stones throw away from WV.

Ruta - Thanks so much for the great advice about horses.  I shall give it a try tomorrow. : )

7 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

I was curious and looked on the map and could see that if you were near Uniontown your were west of Hagerstown. You are in a beautiful area. How nice that you are getting to know and recognize people in the town. The upper shed is really coming along. Enjoy your weekend. I will be out of town until Saturday night, so will miss reading about your adventures until then!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have had nice weather to get started on the upper shed.
It's good that you are already recognizing people and making friends, even horse friends!
Keeping a balance between work and pleasure is a good idea. The time out on the deck soaking in the sunshine sounds great. MJ

Kerri Farley said...

Are you close to Romney WV at all?

Nellie said...

I am really excited for you and your progress! You will feel right at home even before you move!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

So glad that you feel at home there. Pretty soon, it WILL be your home!!!! How special is that....

Wow--you got alot done on the Upper Shed today... That's neat!

Hugs,
Betsy

o2bhiking said...

You're really going to enjoy it out there, Karen. That is a ways out there, you may see some winters in the future - but great summers. Art

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Looking for ward to your tomorrow's report on you and the brown horse. :-)))))))))