Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Another fine day

up at Happy Trails.
Walked into town again this morning.
 These daffodils are the first sign of spring that I've seen up here.
Just on the side of the road from the daffodils was a cat sitting there in the dirt.  He didn't run away so I took his picture. 
I saw the farmer in the field with all the dirt piles from yesterday getting his tractor started to spread the piles out over his field.  He stopped to say Good Morning to me.  I didn't get a picture of him but here's his tractor.
I walked back down the hill from the farm and walked around this little pond a block from the main road in town.
On today's walk I saw a few deer, a raccoon, and many many Robins and Red Winged Black birds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ken got good use out of the chipper today, and I made my trail this much longer.  Auntie - The stream runs to the left of the trail.  No pictures today but when we go back next week I'll be sure to take a picture for you.  It's not much of a stream but it's ours. : )
Here's a picture looking up at our homestead.
We left at 2:30 to come back home.  We would have stayed longer if we could but the trailer is still winterized so we couldn't take showers.  Next week when we go back the first thing we will do is get the trailer ready for summer.  We had only planned on spending the one day there but the weather was so nice that we just had to stay.  Today the temperature made it up to 70 degrees.  Last year when we were up at Happy Trails this was the week we rented a house and stayed there for the week and we got 4 inches of snow!!

So we are now back home and the first thing we did was take showers.  Oh boy how good that felt!!!  Being able to take a shower is one of those things that you take for granted until you can't. 

Hope you had a happy day and smiled often.
Happyone : )
It is not easy to walk alone in the country
without musing upon something.
~Charles Dickens

8 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

I love the trails you are making. Yes, a nice hot shower is nice after going without for a day or two. You are so blessed to have this lovely property!

Nellie said...

I am much accustomed to the "creature comforts" too.:-) Being able to take a shower makes a real difference in my day.:-)

o2bhiking said...

That has to be great to visit your land and imagine the future. Cute kitty! Art

Beth said...

The photos are all so nice but I LOVE the picture of the cat!!

♥ Helen said...

This makes me want to visit our caravan.

Vee said...

A shower is one of life's greatest joys. The chips make a really nice path...so pleasant. And will you create a garden there, too?

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Another productive trip. :-)

Oh I don't need a fancy stream! I just love any/all streams... And to have one of your own, is delightful. :-)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Love those daffodils and that cat is beautiful!! He looks kinda like Garfield :)