Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

A day at Happy Trails

It was a warm 50 degrees up at Happy Trails early this morning as I went for my walk.
I walked into town and when I walk that route I walk around three small cemeteries.  Usually when I walk down this road and I don't see any cars at all but today five of them passed me.  All waved and smiled.
Here are a few pictures I took on my walk.
A couple of Chickens.
A bull in a field.
And this here field waiting for the farmer to spread out some good dirt mixed with fertilizer that didn't smell all the good!
We did various jobs today around Happy Trails. 
Ken got some more of the siding done on the back of the trailer barn.
I cleared away more undergrowth, small trees and sticker bushes and made the cleared area a bit bigger.  There is a big pile of stuff to be put through the chipper.
Ken played on his tractor making our small pond just a bit bigger.  I cleared some dead trees and branches out of the little stream.  Since there was lots of snow up here this winter our stream has a nice flow to it.
We also made time for just walking around and sitting on the deck reading too.  It is so relaxing here.  We were going to come home today but decided to stay one more day.

A happy day to you.
Happyone : )

7 comments:

Nellie said...

Although you are both involved in busy projects at Happy Trails, it sounds quite idyllic there!

Vee said...

That's right! You're as free as birds and can do what you want. Such pretty country there.

Beth said...

It all sounds nice and relaxing. The photos are great.

Debbie Jones said...

What a lovely place to be!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

That bull in the field looks a wee bit ominous!!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh your stream! Oh please show me pictures of your stream! I love, love, love streams! Please and thank you!

Happy@Home said...

How fun for you to be at Happy Trails once again. Enjoyed seeing the sights from your walk.