Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Feeling normal again : )

Ah, so nice to feel normal and not in a fog. : )
It was cold and icy this morning so I decided to postpone walking until tomorrow, but come tomorrow morning I'm heading out for a walk!

I haven't been able to drive but now that I'm clear headed it was nice to get out in the car and go to my knitting group!!  There were only ten of us there this morning and I enjoyed my time with them.  One of my friends there, was in the hospital just a few days after me with the very same thing!!!!  I was on the fourth floor and she was on the second.
I snapped this picture of the group.  My seat is down the end by the yellow yarn.  I knitted on a yellow and green baby blanket I just started the other day.  Something different than weave-it squares for a change.

It was a nice sunny day so I took the long way home just to be out driving around for a bit.  Here I am cruising down the road. : )
Once back home I had some lunch and not long after Ken came home from having lunch out with his former coworkers.  We sat and talked for a while and then hopped on our computers for a while.

I've started reading a book called The Wrong Man by John Katzenbach.  I find it scary but really good.  It's about a stalker.

The usual night home of reading and watching TV.  I'll be making some squares while watching and my snack tonight is going to be celery with peanut butter. 

Hope your day has been a sunshiny kind of day.
Happyone : )
Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection,
not in books alone,
but in every leaf in the spring-time.
~Martin Luther

10 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Oh how nice it must be for you to be out driving and knitting with a clear head :).
What a strange coincidence about your knitting friend being in the hospital for the same thing as you. I guess you will be able to compare notes on that now.
Enjoy your celery and pb. Doesn't sound quite as good as ice cream, however.

♥ Helen said...

I am so sorry to hear you have been ill, I am glad you are fine now. Take care ❤

Vee said...

Oh how good to be in your right mind. LOL! That's just a joke. I had no idea that it caused fuzzy-headed feelings. You must have been thrilled to be in your car taking a drive. It looks so pretty and like spring even with the bit of snow left. So your poor friend is still on her meds. Wonder how her project will come out.

Beth said...

It is such a blessing to read that you are feeling so much better.

Your knitting group looks like a very nice group.

Nellie said...

So good to hear that you are back to normal! Great progress! Take care of yourself!

We are watching NCAA Women's basketball! Exciting games!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Karen, Glad you are finally getting back to normal. We've had snow for about 3 days here ---so I haven't been able to get out and walk either... Hopefully, tomorrow will be a sunny, warmer day.

Glad you got out to drive today and get to your knitting class...

Your dinner at Outback looked so good... I may need to try that there...

Take care ---and don't do too much at first.
Hugs,
Betsy

Terra said...

How good you are out and about again and that is a wonderful quote by Martin Luther.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

So glad to hear that the fog has lifted my friend :)

There are sunny days ahead!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Metaphorically speaking of course

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Soooo glad your life is slipping back into place, as it were. :-)))))))))

How we appreciate ordinary days and ordinary doings, after being sick, hu?

I know, you ALWAYS appreciate them!

But still... I'll bet this Tues. was a wee bit MORE wonnnnderful, than a lot of past Tues.'s have been.

Gentle hugs,
"Auntie"