Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 16, 2012

Having fun with my Striiv

33 degrees early this morning when I started my walk.  I made my way on over to the lake and walked around it.  I never did see the sun, it stayed cloudy the whole time but at least there wasn't any wind.
Just a handful of people out but all I met seemed to be in good moods because everyone had a smile. : ) 

I no sooner got on the path behind the church which leads to the lake when I saw five deer standing on the path.  They all hopped back in the woods when they saw me.  When I got to the lake path, two more deer stood on the path and they slowly walked off into the woods and then I saw three more walking around the lake.
I saw the heron at the waters edge waiting for breakfast to swim by.
The geese were on the move today - some taking off and others landing.  Reminded my of a busy airport!!
This strange duck critter decided to take a rest here and looks quite comfy. : )
It was nice to be out walking this morning.
I walked 6.4 miles.
Sunrise 6:53
Sunset 4:52
********************
I still really like my Striiv pedometer and have it on me always.  I link up to the website each day and this is what it looks like.  As you can see I've walked 38 marathons and have climbed Mount Everest 2 times.  The walkathon on the right shows the charities that I donate to just by walking. 
I also enjoy playing the game My Way which you can only play by earning energy by walking. It's a simple game where you buy structures and plants and then collect the coins that they earn. 
This is the MY Way islands and as you can see I've filled it up the structures and plants.  Sorry about the blurring pictures.
Then you can go on to buy more islands.  This flying turtle takes you there.
I've bought three more pieces of land here and that cloudy area there up in the right hand corner is one I'm saving up to buy. 
 ********************
So this morning I cooked up some chicken and shredded it for the chicken enchiladas I'll be making for supper tonight.  Getting the chicken cooked in the morning makes for a quicker time getting them put together later.

Got the kitchen all spic and span and then started in on the ironing of Ken's shirts.  I ironed 9 of them.  This time I watched a DVD called The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry that my church handed out and which I enjoyed.  I was done ironing in to time.

Now for a bit of relaxing time before getting those Chicken Enchiladas made.
Hope you're enjoying your Friday.
The sun came out half way through the day. : )
Happyone
All walking is discovery.
On foot we take the time to see things whole.
~Hal Borland

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how your steps add up and to compare it to climbing Mount Everest twice is a great achievement and to have a game to play - what a bonus.

Debbie Jones said...

I told my husband about your Strive after my cheapo pedometer quit working after three walks! He said I should get one and I agree, so I'm going to look into it. Looks so cool! Thanks for sharing!

Retired Knitter said...

Well I have had no time to play with my Striiv. I do miss it. I am way way behind.

Vee said...

Hmmmm...chicken enchiladas...haven't had them in a long, long time. Should put that recipe on the menu.

Your game reminds me something of a Facebook game I used to hear about.

If you can make ironing go faster by watching a DVD from church, it had to be good. There's no way I iron shirts.

Nellie said...

It sounds like a very good day for you, Karen! Hope you enjoyed those chicken enchiladas! Any leftovers?:)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad you are enjoying your Striiv Pedometer... You obviously do really well with your walking...

Bet the chicken Enchiladas were delicious...

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Beth said...

I always enjoy reading about your walks!

o2bhiking said...

Now that is cool! I replaced my Omron recently when my old one gave out, but yours is much more sophisticated. Plus it sounds like a fun walk yesterday, and deer are always a nice bonus.

You are doing well playing my guessing game. A painted turtle was a good guess, since you are going only from words. When I found the turtle, I didn't know what it was and had to use my field guide back home to figure it out.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Yes Ma'am, it's cold in these here parts, in the AM. I don't go out and get the papers any more. Make him do it, when he gets up. -grin-