Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Walking and knitting

Another morning and another good day for walking.  It was 33 degrees, very still and nice and warm once the sun came out.  A beautiful sunny morning and day. 
The route today was my connect the path route but with a slight variation.  I walked it in the opposite direction and took a couple of different turns.
Here I surprised a deer in a back yard along a path.
This part of the path has been steadily getting washed away from the rain.  It was nice to see that it has been repaired.  Sometimes walking by in the dark it was hard to see.
Didn't see anyone else out until I had walked a couple of miles and then people started to appear.  One man I see often is an older man who walks along the path having his first cigar of the day walking his very old dog.  A friendly man who always has a smile and a Good Morning.

When I leave the house now it is no longer dark dark!!  The sky has a glow to it and it's not long before the sun is out.

Great to be able to be outside walking and I walked 6.7 miles
Sunrise 7:09
Sunset 5:35
********************
It was such a nice sunny morning that I was able to hang my clothes outside on the line.  During the winter a lot of days I can't hang them out and then I have a wooden clothes rack that I hang my clothes over and then put it over the heating vent in the kitchen.  You would be surprised how fast the clothes dry there.  I'm thinking about getting another one to put over the other vent.

I got my knitting stuff together and left for my knitting group at the mill.  I counted 14 people there but could have missed a few because people come and go.  There is a knitting store right around the corner and some people have been known to disappear in there for a while.
Today I knitted on another dish cloth.  I'm just finishing up the fourth one in this latest group and will finish it later.

I have a few things to do yet that I didn't have time for this morning which I would like to get done before starting dinner so that's it for today.

Hope you enjoyed your day and there were many things that made you smile.
Happyone
God hides things by putting them all around us.
~ Author Unknown

5 comments:

George said...

I'm also enjoying the longer days. It is always nice to meet people on walks, especially after we begin to recognize them.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We got out today and took a long walk around some of our lakes up here. Such a gorgeous day.. Even took some pictures!!!!!

Sounds like you had a great day... Happy Knitting to you!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

So glad you get to set out, with sun light now!!!

"Successful marriage
is leading innovative lives together,
being open, non-programed.
It's a free fall: how you handle
each new thing as it comes along."


~Joseph Campbell

Happy@Home said...

It sounds like you get a good turnout for your knitting group. How convenient that there is a knitting shop close by.
Cheers to being able to dry things outside once again.

Anonymous said...

It must be so much nicer walking in the light rather than a dark start to your walk. Love the deer.