Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Home

28 degrees this morning as I headed out the door and walked over to the lake.  I saw the sun rise but it only lasted a few minutes before the clouds took over.
It was very still with no wind at all and the water was like glass.
I saw quite a few people out walking, running and dog walking.  Saw a lot of regulars and some I've never seen before either.  Haven't seen that lady that I met last week who I thought seemed very motivated.  Maybe our times as just off from each other.
Some work going on here with improving the drainage problem.  The hill used to go straight down to the walkway and was always wet and in winter gets pretty icy for long stretches.  I know I've taken pictures of this icy section a few times.  This should solve the problem. 
My friend Lin called while she was out walking too and we talked and walked together just not right along side each other. : )  Some bad news on her side.  Her 93 year old dad has fallen and broken his hip.  Good news though is that he is healthy otherwise, has a great attitude and is improving and the doctors say he should be fine again.  It will just take a while.  Those of you who pray please say a prayer for him.  Thanks!
I walked 6.9 miles.
Sunrise 7:08
Sunset 5:36
********************
Since the last two days I've been out having fun,  I thought today I should stay home and get some work done!   So that's what I'll be doing today.  At least part of the day anyway. : )  There will still be some time for reading, knitting or cross stitching or maybe some time for all three.
It's just after noon now and it looks like snow.  Supposed to get some but you never know around here.
I'm off for some lunch.
Enjoy your day.
Happyone
In my day,
we didn't have self-esteem,
we had self-respect,
and no more of it than we earned.
~ Jane Haddam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How good to walk while talking to a friend on the phone. I will pray for the good health of your friends father - my goodness 93 is a jolly good age tho.