Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 30, 2011

A beautiful sunrise

I left my usual time today and walked in the dark.  I figured i knew where all the ice was from yesterday.  I'm glad i left before sunrise because it sure was beautiful this morning.
It was 26 degrees and i walked around the lake.  No wind and it turned out to be a nice sunny morning.
Very quiet around the lake.  I only saw a couple of people.
The heron was around again as well as the usual ducks and geese.  I saw five deer.  These three eating in the back of a yard which they have food for the deer and birds.  They have made it an animal habitat.  It is across the stream that i walk along on the way to the lake.
I saw two more deer farther along the path later on.
I walked 6 miles.
Sunrise 7:27
Sunset 4:53
***************************************************
Had a good time with friends Jackie and Kerry while we all ate pizza last evening.  It was nice to catch up.  We plan to do this again soon.

Ken gave me two scratch off lottery tickets for Christmas and i won $15, so today i walked up the street to the liquor store to collect my winnings.  I also entered  Ken's Power Ball ticket again for the next five drawings.
As i was walking home i realized that i had forgotten to buy some more scratch off tickets with my winnings.  I'm thinking that maybe i wasn't supposed to buy them today and when i buy them another day i will have a wining ticket with the big prize of  $50,000.

All this year i have been keeping track of the books i've read.  I joined the Library Thing Challenge to read 75 books.  I didn't meet the challenge but i did read 59 books.  You can see all the books i've read this year at the LIBRARY THING tab at the top of the page. The last one i finished this morning, which was the Bible.  I read a bit of the Bible each day and at the end of the year read the whole thing.  I've done this for many years and every time I read those last two verses it gives me the chills which reads:
He who has said all these things declares:
Yes, I am coming soon!"
Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ 
be with you all. Amen.
Revelation 22:20 & 21 

I'm not joining the Library Thing challenge for 2012.  I'll still keep a list of all the books i read but i just don't want to have a number of books hanging over my head.  Once i finish the first book for 2012 i'll take down the Library Thing Challenge tab and put up a 2012 Books tab.

Just doing a bit of this and that around the house the rest of the day.  I'll probably read and do some knitting in there somewhere too.

We are hitting the road early tomorrow morning and heading over to our land.  We just want to walk around on it and do some planning.  We will pack a lunch to take with us and eat in the truck.  It should be a fun day!!

A happy day to you!
Happyone : )
Before you put on a frown,
make absolutely sure 
there are no smiles available.
~ Jim Beggs

7 comments:

Vee said...

I walked up the street to the liquor store to collect my winnings. Keep us up-to-date on the scratch tickets. Sometimes I think that they're a lot better for a person than a candy bar if one's just wanting to toss a dollar. But the $15 may make me rethink this. Ha!

Enjoy your time walking the land. Sounds as if a little cabin in the woods may be built. That would be sweet.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day walking your land and planning your future on it.

Marti said...

Your sunrise was beautiful. It sure is nice to be able to walk and see all that nature has to offer. Now IF I walk, I see graffiti, wrecked cars in the yard, and beer bottle decor. Have a wonderful new year.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Gorgeous sunrise!!!

But you know I'm still gonna' worry about you, *remembering* where all the ice was. -sigh-

Have a fun visit to your land tomorrow. Come home early enough, to miss the crazy N.Y.'s drivers on the road though. :-)

-chuckle- You really HAVE somehow *inherited* a worrying, bossy "Auntie," have you not? -giggggles-

Happy New Year's Eve!

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." ~Bill Vaughn

Kerri Farley said...

Another lovely shot!
Have fun tomorrow!!

Cheryl said...

Last year I gave my nephew $15 in scratch-offs as a gift and he won $50 and was excited. I've bought a few here and there but never won.

I hope you had a great day on your land. Any snow up there?

Happy Birthday my Happy Friend!

o2bhiking said...

I liked the photos and walk description. Happy New Year, and enjoy spending that $50,000! Art