Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday

Giving Thanks Challenge Day Number 18

I am Thankful for Pizza, one of my favorite foods.
When Ken and i starting going out his parents 
owned an Italian restaurant 
and he would take me back in the kitchen 
and make pizza for me. 
How could i resist him?! : )
I am thankful that 
tonight we are going out for pizza.
***********************************************
 A beautiful, bright, clear, sunny morning, though there was a nip in the air with a temperature of 27 degrees.  I walked around the lake and came across some patches of ice here and there on the footbridges like here.
For a cold morning there were quite a few people out around the lake.  All seemed to be enjoying their early morning exercise.  
I saw the heron down by the edge of the water and a few deer here and there.  I managed to get this picture of a deer in action.
 Here's a Canadian Geese sitting out on the lake.  This geese on the water and another geese farther away, out of the water and up on the hill, were calling out to each other.  I'm thinking he was calling her to join him on the water. 
It was a great morning to be out walking!!
I walked 6.3 miles.
Sunrise 6:54
Sunset 4:51
********************************************
It warmed up during the day to the 40's so i did a couple loads of laundry and hung them out to dry.  The clothes come in smelling extra good when it is cold outside.

I finished up a few things in the living room, like dusting the book cases.  They have glass doors and i washed them too.
Then i started in on the kitchen.  Have more to go but made a good start on it.

I received a very nice Thank You note in the mail from a friend who i knitted a scarf for.  As many of you know i have a Thank You Note basket where i keep all my thank you notes.  I have added this one to the basket.  I like to read them every so often. : )
I have notes in there from people i don't even remember who they are!!
 I like late afternoons when i've finished my work for the day and then can sit down and read, knit or do some other relaxing thing just before Ken comes home from work.

A happy Friday to you.  Hope it was a good one.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone : )
In daily life we must see that it is not happiness
that makes us grateful,
but gratefulness
that makes us happy.
~ Brother David Steindl-Rast

4 comments:

Vee said...

You're on a roll with the deer captures!

It was a match made in heaven when the pizza boy married the pizza lover. No doubt about it!

Your comment made me laugh. I wasn't happy, but I had no idea how much I wasn't happy. I still have no idea what creates a double exposure like that. It was nothing I was aware of. Scary!

Marti said...

Whenever you are feeling stressed, it must be nice to revisit the "thank you's" Yeah for pizza!

Noofy said...

You always have something interesting in your posts. You're right, who could resist a guy whose parents owned an Italian restaurant. Great pictures!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ice! Yikes! But this, you could see and avoid.

Gentle hugs,
"Happiness is being alone every now and then. And happiness is coming home again." ~ Charley Brown