Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 14, 2011

Colors

Giving Thanks Day Challenge Number 14
Imagine a world in black and white.
I am Thankful for all the colors of the world.
We live in a world surrounded by beautiful colors.
Blue skies with White Clouds
Rainbows
Sunrise and Sunsets
Green Grass and
Flowers and Plants of every color
 Animals and Birds
Mountains
Rocks
Look around and enjoy the beautiful colors. 
*****************************************************
We certainly have changeable weather here in Maryland.  This morning it was 52 degrees when i left the house!!  I had a very nice walk around the lake.  I saw five deer, four of them were males and two were very large with huge antlers.  They were magnificent.  No luck though in getting any good pictures of them.  

I saw a lot of the regulars out walking and running today and some i've never seen before.  The topic around the lake today was how warm it was.
The path that leads to the lake starts in the parking lot of my church and i cross the street right there.  Someone stopped to let me cross and on a closer look i saw that it was my Pastor arriving at the church. : )
I walked 6.4 miles.
Sunrise 6:50
Sunset 4:54
***************************************************
 Yesterday i made some Apple Crumble and we had that for our snack last night with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  If you have some apples you want to use up this is very easy to make and delicious.  I've added the recipe to my online cookbook on Meals Matter.  
If you'd like the recipe, it's HERE.
As you can see i took the picture after we ate some of it. 

 **********************************************
Here is the latest couple of things i've knitted.  Another blue scarf for my friend Mary Jo and another dish cloth for myself.  Had to throw a few out that wore out so i'm making a few more to replace those.
I've been enjoying staying home today. Getting caught up on some house work.  Doing a little knitting, a little reading and really just a bit of this and that.  I like days like these.

I am going to be making Lasagna for supper tonight.  If you've been reading my blog you know that the last three times i've made this, Ken has come home late from work and one time brought a coworker along with him who was stranded on the roadside.  I've told him i will have it ready on the table at 5:30.  I can't help but wonder if this meal will get eaten on time tonight!! : )

A very happy day to you.
Happyone :)
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns ;
I am thankful that thorns have roses.
~ Alphonse Karr

3 comments:

o2bhiking said...

It is hard to imagine a black and white world. And here we are, one of the few mammals with color vision to enjoy it. I wonder what it would be like if we could see ultraviolet, like honeybees can? Art

Vee said...

Did it? Hope so!

Oh I am also hoping that somehow you'll be able to capture one of those deer with a full rack. I'd love to see one.

That photo of strong contrasts is wonderful!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Yes, funny weather... Warmmmmmmm again. Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess. :-)

Soooooooooooooooooooo, was the lasagna served on time???? :-)

Gentle hugs,
"I am excessively fond of a cottage;
there is always so much comfort,
so much elegance about them."

~Jane Austin