Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday

No walking or time for blogging yesterday.  Ken had the day off and we took a drive up to western Maryland to Deep Creek to enjoy the colors of autumn.  Absolutely beautiful up that way.  We left early in the morning and didn't get back till after dark.  It's about a 3 hour trip one way.
*************************************
Back to walking this morning and i walked around the lake.  It was on the warm side with a temperature of 57 degrees.
I saw a few deer up on the upper path.  It is amazing how once they go back in the woods how quickly they blend right in and you can't see them at all.  The birds and geese were very quite this morning.  Maybe they were still sleeping.  I'm not liking these dark mornings.  Wish the time change was happening sooner.  I've tried walking later in the day but i'd rather walk in the dark than later in the day.  Just something about early morning for me.
I saw a woman fall down as she stepped off the curb this morning.  I went over to her and picked up her phone which had skidded down the road and handed it back to her and asked if she was hurt.  She wasn't hurt and was smiling, thanked me and said she was only embarrassed. 
I know how she feels!
Lots of people around the lake today.
I walked 6 miles.
Sunset 7:13
Sunrise 6:35
*************************************************
It had been three weeks since i met with the Tuesday knitting group ladies so it was nice to get back there this morning and see them all again.  : )
It was in the low 70's so a nice day for sitting outside.  The clouds did move in but the rain never came.  There were a dozen of us there.  I worked on making weave-it squares.  Made three more and sewed four others together that i had made before.

I came home right after that and ate lunch.  I was in a rush this morning and never got to have breakfast so i was pretty hungry.  A lot of times when i'm really hungry i crave a peanut butter and jelly sandwich so that is what i had. 

Just home getting a few things done around the house this afternoon and later i hope to fit in some reading time before Ken gets home from work.

Hope all is well in your part of the world and that your day is full of sunshine.
Happyone : )
Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.
~ Elizabeth Lawrence

8 comments:

Vee said...

I can see how an early morning walker would enjoy some light. On the other hand, I really like the light on the "correct" side of the day. It's just going to keep getting worse for both of us for a while.

Did you take pictures on your trip yesterday. I've been absolutely fascinated by all the fall foliage so far south of us when our trees are mostly still green. Weird.

George said...

Will we see pictures from your trip to Deep Creek? I certainly hope so.

Happy@Home said...

I was hoping for some pictures from your trip too, but sometimes I like to take a trip and not worry about having to blog it. So, if there are no pictures I will certainly understand why.
Since I first discovered your blog I have been impressed with the kindness you show to others. Today was a perfect example when you were there for the woman who fell down.
Glad you were able to get to your knitting group.
No sun here today, but the rain is much needed for us.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Karen, Sounds like you all had a wonderful day yesterday... We want to go to the Smokies soon --to see what colors they have there...

Happy Fall to you!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Noofy said...

I know what you mean about those deer, they are sneaky. Sometimes, I wonder if I imagine I saw them in the woods the way they blend in. I too know how that lady felt that fell. I would have helped her too. Worst feeling in the world when you fall and you're not sure if you're hurt, it takes a minute just to get your sense back. We're coming into the part of the year I don't like. Dark in the morning, dark in the afternoon. I'll count my blessings, living in Alaska was worse in the winter months. Can't wait to see your Deep Creek pictures, love that place!

Mary said...

Peanut butter and jelly!! Guess what I'm having for lunch today. Cooler weather and those sandwiches are made for each other.

No sunshine here today but our day is still bright and happy.

Thanks for sharing your walk with us. I "walk" through your walks almost every morning.

Gwendolyn said...

Enjoy those changing colors. I'm sure it was just gorgeous as you traveled up through Maryland! I love to walk in the morning too, but the days seem so short when the time change comes. Have a blessed day!

o2bhiking said...

Lots of Nature's glories to enjoy this time of year! Art