Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Tuesday

I have sore throat this morning but have decided to ignore it hoping it will just go away! This morning the temperature was 49 degrees when i started my walk.  It was cloudy again like yesterday but the sun came out later in the morning. I went around the lake again. 
Saw a few of the regulars and walked a short way with one of them.  He knows my name but i can seem to remember his.  It's  something like Gaylord but that's not it.  I've asked him a couple of times so i don't want to ask again!  I'll have to ask another walker.  There were a couple of deer around again, and a few rabbits as well.  Geese were not very quiet this morning.  They were awake and making a racket.  One of the ducks was quacking and it sounded just like he was laughing.  Made me chuckle too. I was happy to see the heron standing out at the waters edge.  I took a picture but posted it on my photo blog.  You can always hop on over there if you care to see it.
Nice walking this time of year, not hot and not cold, but it won't be long before i'll be in all those layers again!
Had a most enjoyable walk and went 6.2 miles today.
Sunrise 7:20
Sunset 6:25
************************************************
It was my usual Tuesday today.  Rushed around trying to get a few things done before leaving for my Tuesday morning knitting group.  We met inside at Savage Mill and will be there from now on for the cooler weather.  It was nice enough to sit outside today but the umbrellas were put away at our outside place and we thought the tables and chairs would be gone today.
I knitted on one of the Christmas scarves (purple) for the work women and finished it.  I'll be starting the red one later today.  I told you they knitted up fast.  I'll be done with all six in no time. 

Got an email saying a book was waiting for me at the library, so stopped there on the way home.  Turned in three books (2 mine, 1 Kens) and picked up only the one.  The book is called Game of Thrones, by George R.R. Martin and is the first of four books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. It is also a series on HBO but haven't see it. 
I still have four books out that are due next Tuesday.  They are small though and i may be able to finish them.  If not i'll just renew them.  I'm planning on waiting to start the new book but i don't think i'll be able to wait.

That's been my day so far. 
Hope you are enjoying yours.
Happyone : )
No entertainment is so cheap as reading,
nor any pleasure so lasting.
~ Mary Wortley Montagu

5 comments:

Vee said...

You never have a bad walk. It's always good.

Is your scarf pattern on Ravelry? I finally got on there after several tries, but haven't done much with it.

I am having a great day, other than my time in the trench helping out. Almost a finished job now so I won't need to do that again.

KathyA said...

Gargle with salt water! I hope it's just allergies or an irritation and goes away quickly.

Hope the rest of your Tuesday is as nice as the beginning.

Retired Knitter said...

Game of Thrones. I started that series and it is excellent, but very long, which I like. But I decided to buy the audio series - I joined Audiable. That way I can do other things while I list to the book.

Sorry about the sore throat.

Your scarf looked great. You need to bring all of them at one time when they are done so I can take a picture.

George said...

I hope your sore throat is gone by now. It sounds as if you have some good reading available while you recover.

Happy@Home said...

No fun to wake up with a sore throat. I hope it has gone away by now.
I love the reflection of the trees in the water in your photo.
I went for my walk in the rain today. It was kind of fun to be under the big umbrella as I strolled along.