Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 22, 2011

Perfect Glass

Ah one of those delightful mornings for walking.  Temperature was 68, low humidity, and the sun was shining in a bright blue sky with a cool breeze at times.  So nice for walking around the lake.  Quite a few people out for a Monday morning and there were even four people playing tennis at the tennis courts where i came into the park.
There were geese by the lake again.  Who knows if they are some of the same ones from before or these are a different bunch.  There were so many and now there are just a few.
I see a women most days walking around the lake and even on hot days she always wears long cotton pants and a long sleeve shirt,  a face mask over her nose and mouth, cotton gloves and a huge hat. I've said good morning to her numerous times but she never answers back so i've stopped.   I'm curious about her though and wonder what her reasons are for wearing what she does.
A very pleasant walk today and i went 6.2 miles.
Sunrise 6:27
Sunset 7:54
*******************************************
I have completed knitting the last two of the Bobble Squares for the white bedspread.  A good name for this stitch don't you think. 
Here's a closer look.
This project is the one and only time i've ever made this stitch.  I learned how to make this stitch on my own by reading and rereading the directions, and after 20 minutes finally figured it out.
When you come to this stitch in the pattern it reads like this, MB, which stands for Make Bobble.  In the back of the book it explains how to do this. 

Knit into front, back, front, back, front of the next stitch.
Turn work, and purl the 5 stitches.
Turn work, and knit the 5 stitches.
Slip the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th stitches 
off over the 1st stitch.

Sounds complicated at first but taking one step at a time it is really not so hard.  In fact now i find them fun to do. : )  With these two squares now done i only have 7 more to do!!!!

Reading a blog i learned of a glass cleaner that was supposed to work super good called Perfect Glass.  I usually use a homemade solution but decided to give Perfect Glass a try.  I bought some at Lowes the other day and today i tried it.   I think this stuff is terrific and is as good as it claims to be and I will be using it from now on.  I have never heard of this before now have you?
If you click on the picture you should be able to read the small print on the label.
 
That said i guess you've guessed that i'm home today cleaning.
It's just a little after 1:00 now and I'm taking a bit of a break now and ready to have some lunch.  Don't know how much more work I'll get done today.  I'm feeling more like knitting now than cleaning!! : )

Hope your Monday is a good one and a great start to the new week.
A happy Monday to  you.
Happyone : )
People seem to get nostalgic about a lot of things they weren't
so crazy about the first time around.
Author Unknown

5 comments:

Happy@Home said...

It sounds like the lady has some sort of health issue, perhaps it is skin cancer or allergies.
Your new knitting stitch is so pretty. It seems you figured it out quickly.
I may have to try that glass cleaner next time I need some. It seems like all of the ones I buy leave streaks. Good to know that one really works.
I had to laugh at your quote. I'm sure that is true of me. :)

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Mmmmmm...the lady sounds the making of a story of some sort...I think she may be a spy or someone in the witness protection program or...Awww...she probably DOES have allergies!

Noofy said...

Love this weather, just perfect, don't change! Yep, the Bobble Stitch certainly fits, it looks like a bobble. I would have never made any sense out of those directions. I suppose knowing how to knit might help. There are some strange people in this world, they all have their stories to tell. Love to know what the lady of the lake story is. Perfect Glass huh? I'll have to check it out. I too find the best products when recommended by others.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Karen, That first picture of the 'glass' water is awesome. The lighting is perfect....

Love your Bobble Squares... Gorgeous!!!!

Never heard of that glass cleaner. There are so many new things in the stores these days.. I can't keep up!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Vee said...

Since I will be at Lowe's tonight, I'll look for perfect glass. It sounds like just the kind of product I could get happy about around here.

My head is still spinning after reading those directions for the bobble stitch. =l

A very true quote...