Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A beautiful sunny day

Wow, the weather this morning was ideal.  The temperature was only 52 degrees and there was lots of sunshine.  I wore tights under my shorts, put on a long sleeve sweatshirt and headed out into the beautiful morning.  My sweatshirt has pockets in it so i put my camera in one and my phone in the other and walked hands free. 

Yesterday while i was cleaning i had the cord laying out from the vacuum and i stepped on the plug and bruised the ball of my foot and it hurt to walk on it.  The ball of my foot has turned black and blue, but it felt a lot better this morning.  I started walking close to home in case it hurt i could always come back home.  It didn't really bother me all that much so after walking around the block i walked farther from home.  I walked along a few paths, along sidewalks and over to the school. 
Not many people out.  I saw only one person running and a lady walking a dog. 
Spotted lots of deer though - 11 of them!!  Here's a picture of three of them walking among the houses.
I haven't been finding many coins this month but today was a good coin day.  I found three quarters and a nickel!
I'm happy my foot didn't bother me enough to keep me from walking 6.2 miles.
Sunrise 6:27
Sunset 7:52
***********************************
After spending yesterday cleaning it was nice to get out to meet my knitting friends and what perfect weather for sitting outside knitting and talking.  Deb, who is a very talented knitter wore a finished project of hers today and let me take a picture of her.  What a beautiful sweater she has knitted.  We all helped her pick out the color.
 Here is a close up of the sleeve. 
The sky was a beautiful blue and i looked up and took this picture.
I knitted on another white square.
I looked down and took this picture.
I enjoyed my knitting time and has usual these few hours seemed to fly by and it was time to leave and come home.

I was in the living room this afternoon when the house began to shake and I heard the dishes rattling around for about 30 seconds.  We had just had an earthquake.  I went outside and stood around with a few neighbors and talked for a while before coming back inside.  They all seemed to be concerned but i didn't think it was that big a deal.  I'm sure i'll hear more about it on the news later.  Earthquakes aren't something that we normally get around here.

I have a little bit of dusting that I still have to finish and then I'll probably go and sit out on the deck and do something out there.

A happy Tuesday to you.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone : )
Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges
from the good old days.
~Doug Larson

10 comments:

KathyA said...

Gorgeous day! Beautiful sweater! I think 5.9 is a big deal -- at least for around here. Our house was actually swaying as were the bookshelves in my office!

Retired Knitter said...

Yep, we had the shakes here too. But I found it kind of cool. Of course, if it picked up steam it might not have been so cool. :-)

And next ... hurricane!

Things comes in 3s. What could be next.

SusieCraft said...

Bill and I were each driving in our separate cars and neither of us felt a thing! But when I got home, most of the pictures were crooked and things had moved on all our shelves. We feel cheated that we didn't feel it!!!

Noofy said...

Definitely an experience I had forgotten from the late 60s when we lived in Alaska. It was enough to put a scare into us, especially so close to 9-11. I am also waiting for the "other shoe" to drop.

Vee said...

Your friend's sweater came out beautifully and looks great on her, too. It's been interesting to read about the earthquake from different perspectives. You seem calm about the whole thing. Were there any aftershocks?

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Beautiful sweater...and what a beautiful day to sit outside with friends and work on your projects. It was just perfect weather! I had a crazy earthquake experience I blogged about tonight. Geesh...people can be crazy! I have actually felt tremors here twice before, but nothing as quite like we had today!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Karen, Glad your foot is better and that you could walk this morning. It was very cool here (in the mid-50's I think) when we got up... LOVE it...

That sweater is awesome. I do love the sleeves.... Sounds like you had a good time.
Hugs,
Betsy

Auntie said...

Lovely sweater.

Lovely place to meet, to knit.

Lovely day!

Glad you did not get more damage, than feeling it and hearing dishes rattling.

Our Daughter, works in the Capital District, and their phones went out, and they had to evacuate their building. I didn't feel anything here.

Happy@Home said...

Glad your sore foot didn't keep you from enjoying your morning walk, especially on such a beautiful day.
Oh my, that sweater is gorgeous. Of course I love the color, but the detail on the sleeves is so pretty.
I have been reading bits and pieces about the earthquake on other blogs today. Nice to know that it wasn't a big deal in your area.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading about your day. Hope your foot is better, sometimes those kind of injuries take a while to heal.
Glad the earthquake in you area was not bad.

Meta from WT.