Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 13, 2011

Repost for Wednesday

 I'm just reposting this entry from Wednesday 
which got removed because Blogger was having problems.
Now off to write a post for Thursday.

This morning if you can believe it was even better than yesterday for a walk.  Sunny with a temperature of 57 to start out with and just a slight breeze.  My feet took me around the lake today with a lot of other people.  I passed many people and when I got to the main parking lot I counted 47 cars!!   Usually there are a handful at that time of day.  I guess with that many people the critters wanted to stay in hiding because there weren't many about.  I did see the heron flying though and these two geese hung around on the dock and let me take their picture.  I didn't even get hissed at.
 I went off the main path and walked along this little trail.  It's not far from the main path but it makes me feel like I'm more in the wilderness. : )
Someone lost a kite!
I stopped for a short chat with a few of my walking friends and even sat on a bench just enjoying the beautiful weather and colors that surround me.  An awesome start to my day.
I walked 6.2 miles and even found a lucky penny.
Sunrise 5:58
Sunset 8:10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I got home I sat on the front stoop for a while.  I really didn't want to go inside but I eventually did.  Had breakfast, did a few chores, and made up my shopping list and headed out the door to the commissary.  I went up and down all the aisles, filled my cart and was waiting on line.  The cashier from the only 20 item checkout came over to me and said I could come over to her line even though I had more than 20 items because she had no one on her line.  So I didn't have to wait.  She picked me because I had the least items in my basket than others.  I went to pay with my credit card and it said it was not approved.  Oh Oh, I knew I was WAY under the limit (I pay it off every month and never have a balance) and couldn't imagine what happened so I just paid cash.

From the commissary I stopped at the credit union to find out what was wrong.  They gave me a number to call the fraud department, so when I got home I called them.  They just decided to put a hold on my card because they thought a charge didn't seem right.   It was a charge to Beauti Control which I've been purchasing on line for years!!  It wasn't even a lot of money.  Seems strange to me.  Anyway they took the hold off and now everything is fine.

I've been in the mood for lasagna for days now and I got the ingredients today and made some for supper. 


Happyone : )
My morning walk is a gift I give to myself each day.
~ Happyone

1 comment:

Vee said...

Originally I said something about our often shopping for groceries on the same day. Today, I'm noticing that your credit card company denied funds because they were trying to protect you...bless them. These are the kinds of things that fry women's souls. ☺