Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A walk and a day at home

Another great morning for walking.  Temperature was 34 when I started out and was 39 by the time I got home.  The sun rose and stayed out and there was no wind.  It's nice that it isn't dark when I leave now.  I walked around the lake and saw quite a few other people out as well.  The topic of conversation today was what a great morning it was to be outside.
I saw three deer together standing in the woods and they ran away once they saw me.  I love to watch them run and jump, they look like their legs are on springs.
I also spotted two red winged black birds, cardinals, lots of sparrows, some starlings and a chick-a-dee.
I walked 7 miles.
When I got home I sat out on the front stoop for a little while.  It felt so nice sitting there in the sun.
Sunrise 6:39
Sunset 6:01
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another nice sunny day and though it wasn't windy in the morning the wind picked up later in the day.  I hung my clothes outside and they really got whipped around out there.  I love towels dried on the line almost as much as I do sheets. The towels get kind of scratchy and feel good after a shower.  I think they are more absorbent too.

I'm happy to be home just doing stuff around the house.  
Hope you're enjoying your day too.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone :-)
He is the happiest, 
be he king or peasant, 
who finds peace in his home.
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

3 comments:

Noofy said...

I love the feeling of towels that have been dried on the line as well, the smell is unbeatable, so fresh! Sure was a wonderful day, hope this weather holds through Spring. Until tomorrow, I leave you a smile :)

Rathi said...

Hi Karen. How have you been? Hopefully good and enjoying your walks. Sorry for not being here for the past few days. Lots of things going on. You know the winters are not letting the spring come out here. It has been drizzling for the last few days. and this evening when I was walking, it started to drizzle again although I enjoyed it completely while walking but the cold is back.

KathyA said...

Although yesterday and today have been chilly, they've been beautiful! I can totally understand your sitting out on your step just enjoying the sun. I worked a little in the yard yesterday. Perennials are beginning to pop up!