Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

One fine day

I always enjoy my morning walks but today it was especially nice.  It was 30 degrees, and when the sun came up it stayed out.  It just felt like spring was in the air and it seemed warmer and everyone seemed to have an extra little bounce to their walking.  As I walked around the lake I listened to all the different bird songs and their calling out to each other.  A couple hawks of some kind met high up in the tree and sat together up there in the sun.  I saw cardinals, a couple of robins, and heard woodpeckers.  These couple of geese were down at the small end of the lake.  I smiled watching them go upside down.
Quite a few people out around the lake, runners, walkers, and dog walkers.
Work continues on the ramp/pier.  The cement ramp is now finished and they can work on the pier which will be on the right.  They had to drain some of the water out of the lake to work and it will be nice once they're done so the lake can fill up again. 
I walked 6.4 miles.
Sunrise 6:41
Sunset 6:00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To honor Pancake Day I made pancakes for breakfast.

A nice cool sunny day which made it perfect for hanging out the sheets to dry.  So I left them drying on the line and left for my Tuesday knitting group at the mill.
Left there and stopped at the library to return the book I finished yesterday that was due today.  That makes book number 10 I've read for the year so far.  I've got a good start on my 75 book goal.  I left without checking out any more books because I have two more that are due on Saturday.  Will probably have to renew one of them.

I had a late lunch when I got home, did a few things around the house and now it's time to sit and read until Ken comes home from work. 
And that is my day so far.

Hope your day was filled with sunshine.
Happyone :-)
Never miss an opportunity to make others happy,
even if you have to leave them along in order to do it.
~ Author Unknown

11 comments:

Vee said...

You mean it's pancake day and I missed it? I'd make pancakes for supper, but I've already got the MGCC recipe going. Looks like a beautiful day in your corner.

Anonymous said...

Hi Happyone, It's Mary Jo. I missed the pancake day memo. Good for you for staying on top of things! My son is leaving Thurs and will be back Sunday. He's going to his dad's wedding in Ocean City.
Enjoy the rest of your week.

Barb said...

What a grand sunrise to start your walk! My friends from MD will soon arrive for a ski week. I think they're tired of cold weather, but they'll be seeing lots of snow at my house.

happyone said...

Hi MaryJo, Glad you figured out how to leave a comment. :-)

Noofy said...

I missed the pancake memo too. Where to you buy your calendars, I need to pick one up. Your duck picture is certainly a sign of spring, they are in pairs again. Certainly a day for smiles!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

I missed pancake day??!! Holy mackeral, what will happen next?? I'll have to be careful and keep an eye out for the next big event. Is there a cupcake day??

Sue said...

As always I enjoy walking with you, great photos, and I 'm glad your weather is getting warmer.
Sue

Kerri Farley said...

Oh, yesterday DID feel like a Spring day! I am hoping for many more like that!!

Happy@Home said...

My husband mentioned something about IHOP giving free pancakes, but I didn't realize it was pancake day.
You are off to a great start on your reading goal.

Retired Knitter said...

Loved the duck picture!!!!!

KathyA said...

One can tell spring is coming as the birds have been particularly vociferous lately. All the trees are sporting buds as well...