Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 25, 2010

A nice break in the day.

 Sunrise 7:28
Sunset 6:15
I walked around the lake on this warm misty Monday morning.  In the dark morning I saw the flash of a white tail from a deer on the path to the lake run into the woods.  Something else ran across the path a little ways up from me but I couldn't tell what it was.  It moved quiet like a cat but it was bigger like a dog.  I thought it was a fox but it looked black.  A mystery animal!  Strange I didn't see any geese, but I did see ducks and the heron.  Quite a few people out around the lake for a Monday.  I've notice the last few times I've walked around the lake that it is shrinking, more and more shoreline showing and since we have had enough rain it was odd.  I asked one of the park workers this morning if they were shrinking the lake on purpose.  He told me yes, because the pier is getting repaired they had to drain some of the water out.  I also asked if the lake was going to be dredged like Lake Elkhorn and he told me yes, but they don't know when yet.
I found coins again today.  A dime and a penny in the Giant parking lot and then a penny in the parking lot by the lake.  Before coming home I walked to the liquor store because I usually find money in that parking lot and sure enough there was a dime waiting for me.
I walked 6.7 miles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I was at church yesterday Ken went to the Savage house to do some work on the floors, then in the afternoon I went over there too and did some yard work. I know some of you who have been reading my blog for a while have seen pictures of the house when we lived there, but for the new readers here's a picture of it.  It's over 100 years old and I really enjoyed living there.
I was planning on doing some cleaning today and just staying around the house.  I had a load of clothes on the line and one still to hang out.  Then the phone rang and it was my friend Cheryl.  She was going to be in the neighborhood and we decided to go up the road to LeeLynns and have lunch. A little before noon Cheryl came by and we stayed here at the house for just a bit.  While we were walking up the street to go to LeeLynns we changed our minds and walked over to the shopping center and went to the Chinese place instead.  It was a good choice!
A nice break in the day.

Then it was back home and back to work.  Most of the clothes on the line dried before it started raining.  The damp clothes are spread around the kitchen now drying on every available surface.  Of course now the sun is shining again but I just don't feel like hanging them back out again!

I have been neglecting my exercise DVD the last couple of weeks and got that started up again this afternoon.  I know tomorrow my muscles will be sore, but I like that. feeling.  It makes me feel like I got a good workout.

I have a little bit of time now before Ken gets home from work and I am going to read.  I should really think about dinner soon too. 

Hope your Monday was a happy day for you.
Happyone :-)
A woman can say more in a sigh than a man can say in a sermon.
~ Arnold Haultain

4 comments:

KathyA said...

You've had a very good day! Sorry I couldn't join you -- maybe next time. I went to the gym -- glad I did, but it was tortuous!

Happy@Home said...

Sounds like you had a nice and profitable walk today.
Seeing the photo of your house made me think of when I first discovered your blog. I always thought it was such a cute house.
Your spontaneous lunch with Cheryl sounds like fun.

Vee said...

A pleasant day all in all from the sounds of it. Wonder what your mystery animal was...

Rathi said...

I like that house. It looks so good and imagining living there seems kinda fun... and i loved that quote :-D