Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Change

I just got back from my morning walk.  Yesterday I said I was going to walk longer because I didn't walk yesterday, but I only walked a normal 6 miles.  I woke up at 7:00 and got a late start and ran out of time.  I'm doing a quick post and then have to get ready for church.
Just walked down Gray Rock and home again.  A nice sunny morning and warmer out than I thought.  Saw a few other people out enjoying the morning too.
The sky looked pretty this morning.  
I took this picture standing one way.
 Turned around and took this morning moon picture too.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I started reading The Prodigal Wife by Marcia Willett and liked this quote from the book which I thought would be nice for a Sunday post.

"I believe that only God can make change really possible, he'd said at last, almost reluctantly, and only then if we want it.  God will meet us at the threshold of our fear but we are too busy believing that He cannot manage without our tinkering and interfering to put our trust absolutely in Him.  We cannot make that ultimate commitment which makes it possible to die to ourselves so as to receive our security at last, for once, from Him."

Have a Blessed Sunday my friends.
Happyone :-)

6 comments:

Vee said...

That morning moon is lovely... That's an excellent quote. I was thinking that I've read some of her work, now I'll have to Google and see if that is true.

Happy@Home said...

Happy Sunday to you, Karen. It sounds as though your day is off to a good start.
I just finished reading another book by Marcia Willett. I don't think I've read the one your quote came from. I do like her as an author.

KathyA said...

At least your cold hasn't affected your stamina at all!

Anita said...

Great pics! There's something to be said for getting up and out early.

Kerri Farley said...

Outstanding capture of the Moon!

o2bhiking said...

Great quote. Glad your cold is mild. No one needs a cold.