Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday's Morning Walk

I took an extra long walk this morning to get some more steps in for the step competition and may have gotten a bit carried away.  I walked 8 miles which for me is 16,394 steps! I don't think I'll have much trouble making it to 20,000 again today. I walked around the lake and part way around it again and then just took a long way back home.  This picture today is taken as I come to the end of the path that runs along the stream and I go left and walk down the path by the park sign.  The lake is just down there a bit.  The weather started out cool and calm but quickly warmed up once the sun came out and by the time I got home I was quite warm and very thirsty!  I was out there just over 2 hours.  I stopped to have a little chat with two of my walker friends and to take a bunch of pictures.  I saw a few gold finches, rabbits, geese, and Cardinals. No deer today.
I still have to eat breakfast and then I'll get busy with my day.
I'll be back later. 
Have a happy Thursday.
Happyone :-)

3 comments:

  1. Are you a walker who carries water and a snack? It's been so warm here...over 80F last night at nearly midnight. Hopefully, the heat will be over in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee, No I just take my camera and my phone. I drink when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If my math is correct, 20,000 steps is going to be about ten miles. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )