Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A lunch date, books and ice cream

Great time at my knitting group this morning.  While there I got a phone call from Ken.  He asked me out to lunch. :-)  He works near to the mill in Savage and that's where my knitting group met which is also where Ram's Head is so that's where we had lunch.  What a pleasant surprise! :-)

Afterwards he went back to work and I made a stop at the library.  One of my books was due and I had a about 10 pages of it to read yet, so I sat in the library and finished up the book.  Miss Julia Paints the Town by Ann B. Ross.  It's really a silly book but fun to read.  It was book number 31 for the year on my way to my goal to read 75 books this year.  I don't think I'm going to make it, but I'm certainly giving it a good try.  While at the library I picked up a few more books. 

Thanks for those who participated in my poll about showers.  It seems like morning showers won out by 1.  I happen to take my shower in the evening!
Tomorrow I will start another poll.

This afternoon I read some of my next book.
After supper we out for a bit and stopped at Weis and got some more ice cream.  In a little while I'm going to have some Cookies N Cream Supreme with a Vanilla Fudge Twirl topper.  Tonight our viewing  pleasure will be an episode of New Tricks.  I'm hoping to get a little more reading in this evening too.

Hope this Tuesday brought you a day of happiness.
Happyone :-)
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.  Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. 
~John Muir

7 comments:

Barb said...

A date with a Hubby is the best kind. You and I have read about he same amount of books so far.

Rathi said...

your hubs is the kind, we young girls want.. :-D

as for the reading list... i am pretty sure that you will be able to finish a good number even if it is not 75... all the best for tat..

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Always happy to find reading suggestions! And silly reading sounds like great fun to me, right now. Thank you for telling me about 'Miss Julia'!

Vee said...

Now those are the kind of surprises a gal can get used to! You've read more books than I have by far. I don't know why I can't seem to find a book that grabs me lately.

Retired Knitter said...

Guess what. I managed to sign up for that competition that you are in - the one that begins Sept 1. I visited the competition and for some reason my name wasn't blocked from signing up as it was several days ago. It is possible that they wanted to encourage participation so they deleted the limitation. No matter, I have been accepted. So the walking match will be on September 1 -it should be great fun. Yeah for Walker Tracker.com

Happy@Home said...

Aww, what a nice surprise from Ken. I was wondering how I missed your poll so I went looking for it. Found it ~ now I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next one.
Good luck with your reading goals.

KathyA said...

Lunch dates are so sweet!