Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Off the main path

A cool cloudy morning for my walk today. I walked along the neighborhood paths. Here you can see how pretty it all looks now that everything is so nice and green.I don't know what the real name is for these big leaves in the picture but its also known as skunk cabbage. When you crush the leaves they smell like skunks. It really does. I know because I did it this morning!
I walked down this little trail off the main pathand walked along this stream for a bit.
I came across this other trail off the main path that has just had some fresh wood chips put out along it and couldn't resist following it.A bench a long the trailThere is a circle here to the left and the trail turns around and leads back to the main path.
It's not long, only about 1/4 of a mile. What a nice little trail though and I saw and I saw a few deer at the end of it. I spooked them and they all ran away before I could take a picture.
I saw only a few people out this morning and all of them were walking dogs. Never did see the sun. It is supposed to rain later and I'm glad it held off for my walk.
I walked just over 6 miles.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures for today. It really was a great walk.
Have a great day and if you can, get out there and take a little walk. :-)

5 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Oh this is a LOVELY trail!!

Vee said...

Beautiful! And you always check for ticks, too, right, Karen? It suddenly dawns on me that you're under all that foliage and it's been so wet. (I was out raking this morning and found a tick when I came in. Mercifully, before he'd had time to have breakfast.)

Rathi said...

HI DEar Karen,

Beautiful pictures.... looks like a forest a princess would wander in....

Happy@Home said...

That looks like an enjoyable walking route. Very interesting little fact about the skunk cabbage. I'm not sure if I have ever seen it in person, but if I do I think I will avoid stepping on it.

PurestGreen said...

Beautiful, green and lush.