Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 01, 2010

Walking around the lake

I am happy to say that the path that leads to the lake is now cleared and I can once again walk around the lake. I can't tell you how good it felt to come up over the little hill and spot the lake sitting out there before me. The main path all around the lake is cleared. The ice on part of the lake is now melted but as you can see in this photo a lot of it is still frozen.A few of the regulars were out walking too and it was good to see those familiar faces once again. Nice to hear the birds chattering to each other or maybe they were saying good morning and welcome back to us. :-)
I walked a little over 6 miles today and felt wonderful!
Sunrise 6:40
Sunset 6:00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I baked chocolate chip cookies this first thing this morning. I used regular chocolate chips this time. I put some of the cookies in the freezer right away so I wouldn't eat any.

I had a dentist appointment early this afternoon and took the rest of the cookies with me to give to the dentist. I handed the cookies to the receptionist and then sat down in the waiting room. There were 4 other people waiting. We sat on leather chairs, watching television, I took out my knitting, and we all started talking. It was like sitting in someones living room having a visit. Amy, the dental technician came out and asked for the cookie recipe. Then it was my turn to get into the chair. Dr. Arnouk drilled out my old silver filling and replaced it with a nice new white one. I didn't need to have any Novocain so didn't have to deal with the numbness afterwards. All in all a great trip to the dentist. :-)
BTW - by the time I left the dentist all the cookies were gone!!!

Boy is my car dirty!!! With all the melting going on mixed with all the salt on the roads leaves one very dirty car.

I just put pizza dough in the bread machine. I know you're wondering how we can eat pizza yet again, but this time is homemade which makes it different. :-)

Don't know whats up for the rest of the day, but that's all for now.
Hope your Monday is a good one.
Happyone :-)
He who angers you conquers you.
~Elizabeth Kenny

11 comments:

Goosey said...

How kind to take some cookies for your dentist, did he actually get to try one or had everyone else eaten them!
That snow is still hanging about by the look of your pictures but glad you can walk again.

Vee said...

No wonder I'm feeling so beat up. That quote says a lot! I do not wonder how you can eat pizza again. I want some, too. In fact, thank you. I've just had a lovely idea...pizza night it is!

dot said...

My car is dirty too but it's just too cold to get out there and clean it.
I hope everyone brushed after eating those cookies. lol

Cheryl said...

I had pizza in Raleigh and my nephew made the dough in his bread machine. I couldn't believe how good it was. I have to break mine out of the basement.

Glad to hear you're able to do your full walk again. The weight must be melting off :))

Jeanne said...

Beautiful path! The lake looks so pretty all frozen over.
That must be a very good chocolate chip cookie recipe!

Lindy said...

Beautiful photos from your walk! I'll bet that was a wonderful feeling to see the lake again.

That was very thoughtful of you to take fresh-baked cookies to your dentist. =)

George said...

It's good to see your walking path cleared. Perhaps soon there will be no snow at all in sight.

Happy@Home said...

Man, I wish I could be as calm as you at the dentist office. I'm afraid I have always been one of the white knuckled dental visitors. Just the sound of the drill is enough to cause panic.
That really is sweet of you to take cookies to your dentist.
The last time we had pizza, I made the dough in the bread machine. It was a whole wheat/herb crust and made enough for 2, so 1 awaits me in the freezer. I think that's a great way to make your own dough.
Hope your Tuesday is going well. We're getting some snow flurries today.

KathyA said...

It is NEVER too soon for pizza! Boy, do I admire your restraint with chocolate chip cookies. You amaze me!

Helen said...

Your cookies must be really tasty :)I am sure they are.

I am glad some snow is melting and you can have your walks again. I think some snow will melt here too this week- because I think we`ll get sun the next days.
Our car was really dirty today too, my husband washed it and now it`s shiny - but that`s only for a short time... ;)
Thank you for sharing your morning walk photos again - I like to see them.

judi/Gmj said...

how fun to take cookies to the dentist! Glad you are out and about walking again. Good to see the old paths and nooks and crannies.
Smiling at cha.