Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

This morning was above freezing and no icy spots. I walked around my lake again and had a nice 6.2 mile walk. There was a light mist coming down when I left but it stopped after a little while. Not many people out but I did see a few of the regulars. There was a whole flock of robins around the lake and I got this not good picture of one. I haven't seen any deer lately which is surprising. You think they would stand out against the white snow.
Its fun to see the shapes that the melting snow takes.
Snow Art
Sunrise 6:37
Sunset 6:02
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A cloudy dreary day so I stayed home and did some things around the house. Did work and then had time to read. I'm half way finished with Under the Dome and on page 700.

I went to the Ladies Bible Study again tonight. It was a video week and next week we will once again break down into small groups.
I'm really liking this study group.

Now I'm about to have a cup of tea and a couple of cookies. Watch a little television and knit.

Hope your day was a bright one.
Happyone :-)
The true secret of giving advice is,
after you have honestly given it,
to be perfectly indifferent
whether it is taken or not,
and never persist in trying
to set people right.
~Hannah Whitall Smith

4 comments:

Vee said...

Excellent advice quote... True it is that we can get too taken with our own good opinion.

You must've been happy to see that robin. Your snow is going fast now, too.

No pizza tonight? We had pizza for two nights...leftovers the second night. Oh my! Not the best choice coming off a week of upset tummies. Why oh why did we have leftovers?! Honestly, some folks never learn.

Cheryl said...

Hi Karen!
I love the shapes that the snow piles are taking on. Very artistic!

You're quite the reader. So organized with your time.

George said...

That is an interesting work of art created by the melting snow.

Dick said...

It's funny you said "my lake" I use to say "my island" but of course it's not mine only a very small part of it. Wonderful pics.