Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 22, 2010

Pocketbooks


After so many beautiful sunny days I'm not going to complain about a rainy one today. A rainy walk around the lake this morning. A break in the rain when I took this picture. Trees starting to bloom here! Pretty and pink - they will look better with sun shine and a blue sky!
Quite a few people were out in spite of the rain. I saw 6 deer and two heron, although it may have been the same one in two different places and the geese were more noisy than usual.
Sunrise 7:08
Sunset 7:21
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stayed home today and did the usual house chores.
Finished reading The Unbearable Lightness of Scones By Alexander McCall Smith. It was the newest book in the 44 Street Scotland series. I really enjoy this series and this book was another great one. The book ends with a poem that the character Angus writes which was a perfect way to end the book.

You know how we all have something that we like to buy even though we know we don't need it. We have too many of this item but we keep buying more anyway. The thing for me is pocketbooks. I have quite a few and yet it is so hard to walk by them in the store and not buy one. I like ones with pockets inside, leather ones, cloth, colorful, plain, shoulder bags, small ones that barely fit anything in them, or big ones which hold all of my must have with me stuff. I like them all! I didn't buy one today but I did move out of one and into another one today. That is almost as much fun as buying one. :-) What your ITEM?

I found out today why the line was so long the other day at Rita's. Every year on the first day of spring the ice cream is FREE!! That would certainly explain the long line!!

Talking about ice cream, I'm going to have some in a little while. :-) I'm also going to start reading another book.

I hope your Monday was a good one.
Happyone :-)
Always be a first-rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
~Judy Garland

9 comments:

KathyA said...

My Monday WAS a good one and glad yours was, too.

Happy@Home said...

I enjoy pocketbooks too. I just bought 2 new ones for spring. It's fun to match them to certain outfits.

Rathi said...

hi DEar Karen,

I did have a good monday... equally busy and yet i enjoyed it a lot. My fighting (in karate) has improved a lot and i am very happy about it. I also played with the kids upstairs... It was fun.

Those trees look beautiful already, with sun and blue skies they would turn out amazing.

And free icecream!!!! Yay! I wish someone could offer such service here!

Kerri Farley said...

No trees blooming here yet!

My item used to be books....but I've really tried to curb that!! Going to the library is almost as good and buying a new one for my shelf!

Linda said...

My item is also pocketbooks. I am always drawn to the shoulder bags with lots of compartments. I just purchased a leather Kathy Van Zeeland that is turquoise in color and I can't wait until I can start using it.

What could be better than free ice cream. Seems like a good way for Rita's to open for the season.

Vee said...

Rainy day here...you must've sent it our way. I'm trying to remember that showers bring flowers...

What's my item? An old plate. Find me a plate I can use for decorating for a quarter or less and I'm happy. On the other hand, once I find a pocketbook that I like, I am really upset when it wears out. Same way for wallpaper or a comforter or anything.

Helen said...

The pink trees are beautiful. I guess I buy too much make up - I`ll never use all of it.

George said...

Free ice cream on the first day of Spring sounds like a wonderful idea. I would certainly take advantage of that.
My thing is music. I have more music than I can possibly listen to, but I am always tempted to download more.

Cheryl said...

I had my first Rita's of the season tonight...Swedish Fish with Vanilla custard. I think it's my favorite.