Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, March 21, 2010

My morning walk

Good Morning
I had a bit of an adventure on my walk this morning. I followed this clearing where new sewers are being put in. I thought it went straight through to another street where I walk, but as I walked I came across a steam which was in the way. You can't tell by the picture but it is quite a hill to walk down. I walked to the right of the stream and went up here. Walked along the road here for a bit. Then made my way back down, getting tangled up in a few sticker bushes and came out on the road where I thought I would. The road is on the other side of the traffic barrier.I then walked over by the school again like yesterday looking for Gertie (Spelling mistake yesterday when Gertie was Bertie) and I am happy to say that I saw her and we had a nice 15 minute chat. She is healthy, fine and just as happy as usual. She had a big hug for me. I found out where she lives and asked if she would mind if I stopped by once in a while to say hi. Her answer was, "Karen, you can come over anytime you want to, just don't expect a nice clean house." :-)
I saw a couple other people out walking and all the dogs were back in the field by the school again like yesterday. A nice sunny morning and perfect for a walk.
I only walked 5 miles because I ran out of time.
Sunrise 7:09
Sunset 7:20

I'm going to go sit out on the deck now.
Happyone :-)

11 comments:

Rathi said...

HI Dear Karen,

I am glad that you could meet Gertie and that she is doing well... I liked the picture in which you can see the road. it has come out good.... and no thoughts today?? :-(

Check out my blog's new look... Thanks have a great day...

Barb said...

You had a walk on the wild side today! Glad you rediscovered Gertie!

Vee said...

That does sound like an adventure! You were out on that highway? Good grief! So happy that you found Gertie!

George said...

Since you did some bushwhacking on your walk today you should give yourself credit for more than five miles! But it sounds as if you had a good walk in spite of the obstacle.

KathyA said...

So glad you saw Gertie today. I was worried! :)

Helen said...

Glad you had a nice sunny morning.

Goosey said...

Gertie sounds a good person, not worried about the cleanliness of her home, more about meeting people. I wish I didn't fuss so much when people visit and go into panic mode if the place is messy.

o2bhiking said...

Adventures are usually fun! Enjoy the day. Art

Lindy said...

Quite an adventurous walk this day. Glad you caught up with Gertie; that's a relief!

Kerri Farley said...

LOVE your sunrise shot! That was quite a trek!

Cheryl said...

I just love hearing about all the friends you've been making. I can't wait till we have the time to see each other again.