Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I took this morning picture walking around the lake. I managed to capture the geese flying into the sun. Walked a bit over 6 miles. A little cooler than yesterday and had to watch for some icy spots again. By late morning the temperature was up to 50 degrees. A nice walk again and saw a few other people around the lake. I stopped on the bridge at the small end of the lake and was just looking out at the water and the geese. Someone saw that I had stopped and asked if I was okay. I said I was fine and was just stopping to look at the scenery. :-) So many people just walk or run by and don't take the time to see what they are passing. They miss so much!
A few rabbits and the usual deer were scattered around the lake.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The other day I had to throw out a pair of some nice well worn soft jeans. There were just too many holes in them and the material was paper thin. I could only wear them around the house. I hate when a favorite pair of jeans have to be thrown out.
So this morning I went to Ross to find another pair. I always have good luck finding them there though I do have to try on a bunch. I can't believe how much a size differs. I usually wear a 4. Today I got two pair. One was a 2 and the other was a 6 and they both fit like a 4!! I also bought a yellow and black check short jacket. On Tuesday if you're 55 or older you get a 10% discount. So today I got all three items for $19 and change!! You can't beat that!

I still had left over pizza from Friday so I had a piece of that for lunch when I got home.
Did some shredding which is always fun for me. :-)
Straightened out my closet and threw some things away. I have a tendency to save clothes that are old for painting or working. But really how many of those do I need. I've just kept a few things for work clothes.
I moved some of the books that I have to read from my loft down stairs to the living room. I am going to try not to go to the library so often so I can work on reading some of the books that I own. I can just see you rolling your eyes Debbi! :-) I've said this many times before and it never seems to work! :-)
I also read some more of one of those library books. I have 4 of them out right now.

This evening Ken and I went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant near the airport.
Home now and about to go watch Jeopardy.

I hope Tuesday was a happy day for you.
Happyone :-)
Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.
~Danny Kaye

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice photo; great blog. Just want to let you know I appreciate it. It makes a difference, doesn't it, to know someone "out there" cares? Well, I do. Keep up the good work.

Happy@Home said...

My goodness, you are a tiny little lady. My wedding dress was a size 4, but that was 28 years ago :-). Your dedication to walking definitely pays off. I wish I had your determination. My hats off to you.

Anonymous said...

you know me well Mom. I said, "oh brother, she's not going to stick to that. She says that all the time!"
Love you!
Debbi

George said...

I'm glad you take the time to view (and share) the scenery on your walks. I sympathize with you about your books -- I still own many that I haven't read.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The sunrise photos are lovely! I've seen the geese returning to my park --so many yesterday but only seagulls today.

I have too many books but I can't part with one of them! :-)

judi/Gmj said...

great shot of geese.

Lindy said...

Great photo of the geese. Actually, that was quite nice that someone was concerned enough to inquire if you were okay. =) And now maybe they will stop and appreciate the scenery, as well.

Like the Danny Kaye quote!