Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Eating out times two

I left the house at 11:15 this morning and drove to my daughter Debbi's house. I had some pretty tight spaces to drive through to get out of my street because of all the construction work going on. I'm paranoid about getting flat tires now too.

Debbi and I went out to lunch today to a place called Grass Roots, (I think that's the name of the restaurant) which is vegetarian. And although I am not a vegetarian they have some great food. We sat outside on the patio over looking the edge of a wooded area. Debbi had soup and a salad and I just had a salad. We splurged and shared a dessert - Silky Chocolate Pie. It was as good as it sounds. The piece was tiny but very rich so it was just enough for us.
As always we enjoyed our time together. :-)

This little gray tree frog sat on the railing next to our table the whole time we were there. They offered to move the cute little thing but we didn't mind it there at all and it never moved an inch. Our server said they have several of these little frogs that hang out there. Some times they sit on top of the umbrellas.

There was a bit of a problem getting in my street again to get to the garage. I have to pass the front of my house, go around a bend and turn into the street which leads to the back of my house, where the driveway is. I squeezed through some narrow spaces and got to the turn and then was stopped because there was a concrete truck pouring the driveways of the new houses right at the bottom of my street. I didn't want to back up because it was a pretty tight squeeze on a bend. So I waited for the pour to get done. The truck then pulled in my street to let me pass which was the street I had to turn up. He finally pulled out of my street and I was able to get to my garage. What an ordeal to get in the garage!

Did a few things around the house and then knitted on a white square for the sampler afghan.

Before long Ken came home from work and out again I went to eat. This time we went to Mamma Lucia's and met Cheryl there. It's restaurant week with a great special going on. Salad, any pasta dish, a drink and dessert all for just $10.99. We had a nice time eating and talking. I ate way too much food!! No snack for me tonight watching Netflix. I may skip tomorrows snack as well!!

Hope this Wednesday you had lots to smile about.
Happyone :-)
A friend is someone who tries to pick you up when you fall down,
and if he can't, he'll lie down beside you and listen.

8 comments:

Susan said...

What a wonderful day - aside from the construction problems. And that 'Silky Chocolate Pie' - no wonder your blog ID is 'Happyone.' I could almost taste the pie. I'm so happy you had a good time with Debbi. There's nothing better than sharing the good times with our children - a memory you can cherish forever!

It's good that you splurged and enjoyed a few great meals today. We should all treat ourselves to the little luxuries of life every now and then. It's good for the soul and afterall, you're worth it!

Have a wonderful evening!

I absolutely love the quote at the end of your post.
"A friend is someone who tries to pick you up when you fall down,
and if he can't, he'll lie down beside you and listen."

Hugssss, Susan

Cheryl said...

I'm still so full! Why, oh why, did I finish that cheesecake?

I love frogs. I would have loved sitting outside with him for company.

cherie said...

hi, ma'am, i'm back. we saw some blue frogs at the museum yesterday. glad you had a wonderful time yesterday despite the squeeze in traffic!

KathyA said...

Where is the frog restaurant?
The construction thing must be getting old, but it shouldn't last too much longer, right?

happyone said...

Kathy, it's on Rte 108 by Wendy's. All construction should be done by Dec!! They really do work FAST!

Happy@Home said...

I've enjoyed getting caught up with you today after being away for a while. It looks like you have been busy doing jigsaw puzzles. I LOVE the one of the kitchen. So cozy & cute. I can imagine it was quite a surprise to you when your husband shaved his beard. It sounds like you had a nice lunch with your daughter and the cute little frog.

Great quote today. I would say that is the true definition of a good friend.

Brad said...

Your post reminds me to remind our guys (yet again) to be aware of how they impact people when their dooing thier jobs. most construction guys are pretty good about it but sometimes they get to focused on what their doing to realize thier putting people out.

I love that quote you ended the post with - gonna have to post that one on my bulliten board.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wow- I can't belive the construction boss left a comment on your blog! Now that is wonderful service!

NYC is full of road work, and in actuallity there should be more because of all the wear and tear our roads get. It can be a headache but we are sued to it!

Your day out sounded wonderful --I got a kick out of the frogs keeping company!:-)