Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Fresh baked rolls

Another beautiful sunny day in the low 80's with low humidity. What perfect weather we are having all this week. I wish the whole summer could be like this.

I stayed around home today and got a few things done around the house. One of the things I did was to make some rolls. The dough was made in the bread machine and then I cut it into 18 even pieces. Well, maybe not so even! I got to use my new dough cutter! Then in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. I had one warm right out of the oven and it was delicious.

This past weekend I planted the sweet basil seeds in the giant tea cup planter that I bought along with the Polish pottery last week. It said the seeds should come up in 7 to 14 days. If you look close you can see just the tiniest bits of green already. (you will probably have to click to make it bigger before you can see the green) I was going to put it on the window sill over the kitchen sink but it is a bit too big. So for the summer, I'll just leave it out on the deck.

I brought my granddaughter Taryn to work today at 3:00. She still likes her job as the shampoo person. She's been working there for over 3 months now. Ken and I went to pick her up from work at 8:00 and dropped her off home.

When we got back home we had a quick walk around the neighborhood looking for nails but didn't find any this time. Though this morning I picked up 6 of them.
Ken went to bed early tonight because he has been up since 2:30 this morning. He couldn't sleep and went in to work!!! Came home at his regular time and ended up working 13 hours!

It's almost bed time for me now too and I'm going to read until I go to bed.

I hope your Thursday was a good one and you had lots to smile about.
Happyone :-)
The more of everything you share, the more you’ll always have to spare.

9 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Your weather sounds like my idea of an ideal summer day. Your rolls looks yummy. I think it is nice that you and Ken pick up nails. Since moving to NC 10 years ago we have had more flat tires from nails and screws. I now pick up nails when I see them too. I have even been known to get out of my car at a Stop sign to pick them up.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl said...

Yesterday was a perfect day. Today will be too. Sorry I have to work but that's the reality of life for me!

Will I see you today? I hope so.

KathyA said...

Had dinner at Leelynn's last night and, of course, thought of you. The rolls look great.

Dick said...

The rolls look tasty, I can see little green plants, wonder of nature, isn't it?

Vee said...

Those rolls look great! I think I can smell them from here. Oh, I'm a little slow, but I like the new look a lot. It looks summery and bright.

Anonymous said...

Those rolls do look good! And I like the new look of your blog. That's another pretty header photo.

Goosey said...

Those rolls look good enough to eat! Wish I lived nearer!

Anonymous said...

The rolls look very good, now I want to bake too :)

Kerri Farley said...

Those rolls look YUMMY!!