Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 29, 2009

A busy day

Yesterday I took the day off from walking - and yes I felt like something was missing all day long. We went over to the old house in the morning and got some yard work done. I mowed the lawn and did some more of that never ending weeding. Ken got out the power washer and cleaned the deck and all the sidewalks. WOW, what a difference!

Today I got back to my walking and it sure was a nice morning for walking. Sunny with a breeze. I walked around the lake and took this picture along the way.
There were way too many people walking around the lake and I think the rest of the week I'll walk the paths around the neighborhoods.

It was a meals on wheels day for me. Things were a bit behind today and the meals hadn't been packed yet when I got to the kitchen. That's okay though because then I all get to talk to all the other volunteers. Two of my people were off today so I had 7 people on my route. I took along some chocolate chip cookies I baked for Mrs. P. I can't do that for everyone one though because some of them are on a no sugar diet.

I ate lunch when I got back home and then I started on the little downstairs bathroom painting job. Ken taped it all off yesterday for me. I got the first coat done and I really like the color. I could probably get away with the one coat but I'm going to put a second coat on tomorrow morning which should go on pretty quickly. I like the green color and I think it goes well with the pink towels and other pink things that are in there. I did a lot of climbing up and down on the ladder and I figured that counted as a workout so I didn't do my exercise DVD! :-)

I walked around the neighborhood on my own this evening because Ken went to Virginia for a few days to take a class for work. I didn't find any nails today!
I sat out on the deck and read for a little while.
Then I went inside to watch a Seinfeld and ate 4 chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk.
Now I'm going to play Sims3 until it times for bed.

Linda asked about the game Sims3 that I bought for my computer. I thought maybe others didn't know what it was either so I've posted this so you can see just what it is. If you buy it be careful - it is addicting!!


I hope your Monday was a good one and you had many reasons to smile today.
Happyone :-)
Laughter is a smile that bubbles over.

4 comments:

Michele said...

The lake sounds so popular at this time of the year for people to walk!

I used to play the Older Sims games and was sooooooo addicted... it was fun fun fun. I watched your video here and wow... what a big upgrade from the older versions. So realistic. Amazing what you can do!!
Oh boy. Pretty crazy! But looks like something I could definitely get right into!!
Sigh... now I wish I didn't see this... LOL.

KathyA said...

Can't believe you took a day off from walking! I'm surprised it didn't snow!!!! :)

George said...

I would think that the mowing would involve a fair amount of walking, so perhaps you didn't completely skip your walk. I think I'll pass on The Sims 3 for now. Another addictive activity is the last thing I need now!

Anonymous said...

You're a busy one! That's such a pretty photo of the lake...and I love your header picture.