Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Church signs

I have a day calendar of church sign sayings.
Here are a few that hit my fancy.

All God's angels come to us disguised.

An unused Bible is worthless.
A well-worn Bible is priceless.

Man sees what we do.
God sees why.

Love someone not because he is a Christian,
but because you are.

Jesus lives in the community -
He only visits the church.

If you want to hear God laugh,
tell him your plans.

Have a blessed day one and all!

5 comments:

  1. There all good but the seconded from the last is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one about the plans the best.
    The church down the street from you usually publishes some nice adages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of them and wanted to let you know we had a real nice visit yesterday.Townhouse is really nice. Love you, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked all of these messages. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )