Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 19, 2026

The Rose


Robert Burns 

O my Luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June:
O my Luve's like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.
As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry. 

🌹    🌹

A single rose can be my garden; a single friend, my world. 
Leo Buscaglia 

🌹     ðŸŒ¹

From Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare.

What's in a name? 
That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Have a wonderful day.
HappyK🙂🌹🥾
☁️🌤️
TotalDaySteps 16,092

12 comments:

Chrissy Townsend said...

Enjoyed the post today. Blessings

Mari said...

Beautiful! Our roses are also enjoying a Fall bloom.

eileeninmd said...

Your rose is lovely! Have a happy weekend.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Pretty rose.

Prims By The Water said...

A beauty! Janice

Debbie said...

roses...one of my favors, but so difficult to grow healthy ones. i do like names that have very special meanings!!

Tom said...

...few things are sweeter than a rose.

Michelle said...

This is lovely. I don't have any rose bushes, but this makes me think I need at least one.

Ann said...

What a beautiful rose it is.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your rose looks lovely.
Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

In recent days I've noticed you've redesigned your blog and no longer have a blogs list. . . I miss it :)

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

I like the Leo Buscaglia quote 💗.