Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 02, 2026

The Old Post Office

A mostly sunny morning walk with some clouds around.
Temperature was 68, a slight breeze and
sunrise was 6:46

Walked around town and stopped at the post office to
mail a birthday card to a friend.

There is an old building along the main street in town
which was the old post office.


Walked around the ball park loop, the new road loop, and
the lower cemetery.
Had all my steps in before I got to walk around the cemetery up the hill.

School has started up again.
I thought it started next week after Labor Day but they went a week early.
Mike, bus number 46 driver who has been waving to me for the 13
years I have been walking here is driving his bus again this year.
Nice to see him again after the summer.
Other bus drivers wave to me too but Mike has been here the longest.


😊    🥾    🍁    🌤️

The KitKat ice cream I had last night was quite good
and it did taste like the KitKat candy
but it does not replace my favorite of
Chocolate Chip Mint.

Did some house work.
Laundry
Wiped down the kitchen cabinets
Washed the kitchen floor
Cleaned the bathroom

Sat out on the front porch and read.
Reading a Rhys Bowen book,
The Castle in the Glen
and it is rather good!!!

Having supper in just a little while
and then it's off for the Wednesday evening church service.
Have to stop at the library on my way to pick up a couple of DVD's.
Library is open late till 7:30 on Wednesdays.

Thank you for stopping by and hope you enjoyed your day.
HappyK 🙂

2 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

What a lovely old building, Karen! I have never tried KitKat ice cream, but I have had a KitKat hot chocolate!!! It is quite good!
My favourite ice cream flavour is butterscotch. Unfortunately I rarely have ice cream because of my pre-diabetic condition.
Your photos are lovely, Karen!

Lowcarb team member said...

I too mailed a friends birthday card today ... in fact I have quite a few friends and family with September birthdays.
You did well with your household chores today.

All the best Jan