It's Friday, have a good one.
Thought you'd might like to see the front of the red garage
I posted the other day.
There were 2 of these trees in my back yard when I was a kid.
Not fun stepping on one of those prickly pods in bare feet!!
We used to take the nuts out of the pods, peal it, and eat them.
After I left home my parents had the trees cut down to make room for a pool.
How sad to see the trees go.
They were quite big and I loved those trees.
They were great trees to climb and
I spent many happy hours in them.
HERE.
Have a wonderful day.
HappyK🙂🥾
☁️🌥️
TotalDaySteps 15,204



13 comments:
HI Karen. Those trees are interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a Chestnut tree around here. I hope your week is going well. I loved reading your childhood memory of climbing in the Chestnut tree. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!
Oh, Karen, what lovely photos! And I really enjoyed reading your childhood memory, dear friend! Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you have a lovely weekend!
The chestnuts are just neat looking! What a fun memory too. Enjoy your afternoon!
Those are such interesting trees! I enjoyed your memories of them too.
Thank you for showing the front of the garage.
Thank you too for sharing your memories of the sweet chestnut trees, and of course your photographs.
All the best Jan
...we was a bit more violent, we collected horse chestnuts and throw them at each other!
I had no idea that's how a chestnut tree looks. How interesting! I hate to see big trees cut down. We left too many when we built the house.
Chestnuts look like giant PomPoms. Prickly PomPoms.
i LOVE the front of the red garage!! i had no idea that chestnuts looked like that!!
There were chestnut trees on my grandmother's farm. I remember my dad showing me some of those prickly pods
Dear Karen, as I told you, years ago, you were the one who inspired me to take a walk, take some pictures, and put together a blog post to share the joy. Here we are, years later, and I’m still learning from you. I haven’t stopped by since about the first of September and you’ve started something new that just looks great to me. Of course I’m talking about post a picture-a-day but not including a bunch of descriptions. Well, I’ve slowed down so much on blogging. And a good part of my slow down is I really don’t enjoy spending hours putting a nice post together. You know what I mean, resizing the pictures, creating the captions, and telling the whole story. To do it nicely just takes a lot of time. So it is great to see your new approach. Thank you so much! I’ll close by mentioning my favorite picture from the last few days … Tuesday’s … Me and My Shadow. Love it! Happy weekend to you and Ken. John
Interesting trees. Love the color and remind me somewhat of walnut trees with the green pods. Janice
Just doing the picture a day for a while to do something different. Will go back to my regular posting soon. I still enjoy it each day and it really doesn't take me long, maybe a half hour to get a post ready.
Post a Comment