Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 06, 2026

Sunny

 Mostly sunny this morning for walking with a few
clouds around.
Temperature was 67 and very calm.


Walked around both of the cemeteries.
Then stopped at the Jeep to pick up a couple of books
and a card to mail.
Headed over to the post office and mailed the card and
then to the library and dropped off the books.

Continued walking through town up and down side streets
and over to the ball park.
Walked around there and then back to the Jeep.

Rebecca was out walking Leo.
Anna and her dad Mark were out too.
Anna told me that yesterday they ordered her birthday cake.
Blue is her favorite color so she got lots of blue roses on the cake.
She was so excited. 🙂🎂
Her birthday is next week.

🌤️    🌸    😊

I got some more windows washed this morning.
The French door windows, the dining room, bathroom,
and the garage pedestrian door.
That's all I could without the ladder.
Need the latter for the outside of the kitchen and bedroom windows.
Hopefully I'll get them done tomorrow.

I had a pair of slippers that I knitted and just needed to sew
them up so did that today.

Sat out on the porch again and Ken joined me for a while.

It's been a good day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you had a wonderful day.
HappyK 🙂


5 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Beautiful picture from your walk, Karen. Your slippers are so pretty. I love the colours. And I love the Scripture illustration.

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice photograph from your walk, I like the shadows in the picture.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

It looks like a pretty day.
You have been so productive - recipes, slippers and even windows!

Dianna said...

Sunny it was, but it started out really foggy here early this morning.

Sounds like you had a productive day with the window washing. Mine need to be done also, but they will need to wait until a bit later this fall because I'm busy canning this time of year.

Take care!

Rose said...

Love the photo/banner...and love that quote. Your slippers look so comfy.