Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Mondays Post on Tuesday

Posting this post from Monday now because
we lost our internet when a thunderstorm came through
yesterday afternoon and we just got it back a little while ago.

🌸    🌸    🌸


This morning the temperature was 70 degrees.
It was cloudy and a bit windy.
The first cemetery I walked around the rabbit was on the path again.
I snapped this before he ran in the bushes.


Around the second cemetery I heard a clap of thunder and a few
large rain drops fell.
I thought oh boy I'd better head back to the Jeep.
By the time I got down the hill, the rain drops had stopped
and I didn't hear any more thunder.
Happy I was able to continue walking.

On the way to the ball park I spotted Karen washing the windows
at the post office so I stopped to say hi.
She cleans the post office lobby every day.

Walked around the ball park loop a couple of times and then
headed back to the parking lot going up and down some side streets.

Lisa was driving by and stopped to tell me she was on the way to
the hospital because her mom was having surgery.
I told her I would be praying for her.



😊    ☁️    🥾

First thing after breakfast we went to the dump to get rid of our trash.
Then stopped at the lumber yard in town.
Ken has been adding another part to his train layout and he needed
10 1 x 4's.
At Lowe's one board cost $10.60.
The same board at G&W in town cost $6.
Amazing the difference in price!!!!
Saved over $40!!

Once back home I got busy hanging up the sheets.
While outside finally got to take some red tomatoes in.
I didn't think they would ever turn red.
And oh boy are they ever tasty.
Picked a bunch of beans too.

Got some cleaning done during the rest of the morning.

I got some knitting done this afternoon.
Working on the blanket for the seniors.

For supper we were having meatloaf, baked potato, and corn on the cob.
We both were hungry before supper so we did something we’ve never done before.
We made the corn about 3:00 and ate it then.
Then later we ate the meatloaf and potato.

The spice bottles weren’t supposed to get here till Wednesday
but while we were eating supper they arrived!!

So you can guess what I’ll be doing tomorrow.
I might not get it all done in one day, but
yes, I will take pictures of the bottles and 
the before and after pictures.

🌸    🌸    🌸

Well it's tomorrow now.
I'll be posting another post for today later on.
HappyK
TotalDaySteps 18,594

8 comments:

Dianna said...

I wondered if everything was okay when I didn't see a post from you last evening when I checked. I'm thankful it was because the internet was out rather than because you were sick. :)

We actually lost power yesterday afternoon due to that storm. There was a huge Sycamore tree at the top of the hill on our road that the wind caused part of it to fall over on the power line. Once it was verified that the tree was in the power line, the power company was here in no time and took care of it.

I'm moving along on my recipe project...now I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn about your spice project that will inspire me. :) xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I too wondered if everything was okay when I didn't see a post from you yesterday. Thankful it was because the internet was down and not because you were unwell.

A beautiful sky in your first photograph.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

I was wondering if you were ok too. Glad it was just an internet issue.
I love the last photo you shared.
Ken did well in checking those lumber prices.
Your supper sounds yummy!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Hello Karen, I also wondered if you were okay! Your photos are lovely, the bunny is so cute and your supper sounds delicious!

Tom said...

...when you can, it's best to shop local.

jack69 said...

Enjoyed the read. I enjoy seeing my 'funny bunny' , I do like rabbits. And you are right about the costs of lumber. Funny that 1x4 cost, our price here at lowes is about in the middle of those numbers. ;-)
Also I read you comment on Victor's blog and agreed withit.
Love from NC Also thanks for the prayers and support..

Ann said...

Glad it wasn’t anything serious that kept you from posting on Monday.. That is quite a savings on the wood

Granny Marigold said...

We've done that too, having part of our supper early because we were so hungry! It's nice to be flexible.