Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 31, 2026

Anna Says Thank You

 A lot of clouds and a little sun this morning.
No breeze and the sun rose at 6:44.


It is just a bit too dark when I get to town to walk the cemeteries
so I walked around town first.

Then walked around all the 4 loops.
New Road
Ball Park
 Two Cemeteries

I was walking down the hill from the cemetery
and saw Anna and her dad Mark walking up to it.
When Anna saw me she ran all the way up the hill to meet me.
She was so excited to say thank you for the birthday card I made her.
It made me happy to be able to bring her so much joy with just a card.

The cosmos look so pretty all along the fence.


RuthAnn was out walking her dogs.
Stopped to say hi to the lady who runs the day care in town.
I saw Carrie coming down her driveway to start her walk as I was leaving.

☁️    😊    ⛅️    🚶‍♀️

Had to hang the sheets over the drying rack in the house
because it was a little drizzly out today.

We took our garbage to the dump this morning

I got some cleaning done.

Finished sewing the weave-it baby blanket together.
You can see it 

Thank you for stopping by and hope you had a wonderful day.
HappyK 🙂
TotalDaySteps 16,442   TotalMonth Steps 492,105   TotalYearStepsSoFar 4,028,205


Comment Replies:
Ginny - I would say Ken cooks about 1/4 of the time.  A lot of times we cook together as well.

15 comments:

Connie said...

Those cosmos blooming along with fence do indeed look beautiful. 🥰 They are one of my favorite flowers.

Mari said...

We have cosmos in our yard and I just love them!
I think that Anna thanking you brought as much joy to you as the card did to her.

Tom said...

...no drying clothes on the line here today, lots of rain.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful early morning photograph and the Cosmos look pretty there along the fence.
So nice that Anna liked her card.

All the best Jan

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Lovely photos, Karen. The Cosmos are beautiful! I am happy that Anna liked the card you made for her.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness! Your sky photo! And it is reflecting in the pond with the fountain so beautifully!!

Dianna said...

This must have going to the dump day...Carroll took ours to the transfer station this afternoon too. xx

Debbie said...

gorgeous skies!! it is cosmos season and your pictures are lovely!!

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sky capture and I love the flowers!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Ann said...

How sweet of Anna to thank you for her card. Those cosmos are very pretty

Bill said...

The cosmos are beautiful. Wonderful sky photos too.

ellen b. said...

I love the Cosmos. Sweet that Anna loved the card you made her and she let you know, too. I like this latest blanket you finished. Hope the first day of September has started well on your side of the 'states'.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Aww, how sweet Anna is. I'm happy it brought her some joy.

Prims By The Water said...

I so love those cosmos. It is back in the 90's here and humid. UGH Janice

Michelle said...

Yes, those cosmos are beautiful!