Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Day 28 of the July photo challenge

July Photo-a-day Challenge with ChrissyT
Day 28
BLUE

Cow, Deer, Horse


 

๐Ÿ“ท    ๐Ÿ“ท    ๐Ÿ“ท

Thunderstorms were predicted for 7:00 this morning.
I went for my walk a little earlier than usual to get
some walking in before the storm.

Walked around both of the cemeteries and while I was at the
cemetery on the hill I felt the first drops of rain at 6:50.
Walking down here between the corn it was nice to hear the 
rain drops on the corn.



It never rained hard, just light drops and I never heard any thunder.
It was 70 degrees, but with the drops of rain and the wind,
it kept things nice and cool.

Went over to the ball park and walked around there and then
around town.

Rebecca was out walking.
She came up behind me and we walked a couple of blocks together
and then went our separate ways.

๐Ÿ™‚    ☁️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿงข

We didn't go food shopping today because tomorrow we
have to go down that way to go to Walgreens so
thought we'd just do both things the same day.

Did some house cleaning this afternoon.

After lunch I worked on my recipe project of
organizing everything.
It's quite a task!!!

That's going to be it for today.
Hope you had a wonderful Tuesday.
HappyK ๐Ÿ™‚
TotalDaySteps 15,303

 

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are so cute. Are two of them meant to be creamers?

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

These are adorable, Karen. And lovely photos of your walk.

Michelle said...

The corn is looking good. I like the blue figures. Creamers or maybe small planters?

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your blue cow, deer and horse.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...and a beautiful blue it is!

ellen b. said...

Those blue animals are sweet. Glad you made it without a downpour and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the light rain.

Chrissy T said...

OH, I love the animals!!!

Mari said...

They are cute - perfect for todays challenge.
Sounds like a nice walk with just a little rain.

Dianna said...

I thought about you this morning when it started raining here and wondered if you were out in it. Glad you had an enjoyable walk.

You are making me seriously considering going through my recipes and sorting them out.

Debbie said...

another lover of blue...nice picture!! it is pouring down rain here right now. we really need the rain!! i regret throwing away my recipe books, i did keep my recipe cards. i use the computer and pinterest so often, i was trying to get rid of things i wasn't really using!!

Visits With Mary said...

There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow
There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow.
The corn is as high as an elephant's eye
And it looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky.

Granny Marigold said...

Organizing recipes certainly can be a big job. I did mine last year but I'm not fond of how it turned out and may have to make some changes.

Ann said...

Glad the rain didn't cut your walk short. Good idea waiting on the grocery shopping. It's always better when you can kill two birds with one stone.

Prims By The Water said...

Great blue items. Love seeing that corn. We were supposed to get some thunder but it never appeared either. We could really use some rain. Janice

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The blue figurines are cute. The corn is looking good.
We had a bad thunderstorm last night, it was good to get some much needed rain. Take care, have a great day!