Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2024

Saturday

I went to town and starting walking a little bit later than usual at 7:10.
Felt like walking in daylight for a change. 🙂
It was 48 degrees, a little breezy, mostly cloudy, but did see the sun a little too.

Walked around both of the cemeteries first and then the ball park loop.
The rest of my walk was a random walk around town.
Made a stop at the library to drop a DVD down the slot.
Mum - a British comedy - not your typical family - different but we enjoyed all three seasons of it.

A bank of clouds coming rolling in.


The chickens followed me along their side of the fence as I walked along the path at the ball park.


Rolled bales of hay across from the Drane house and by the barn where the bulls used to be.


John was out walking Prim.
Saw Rebecca twice - once with Leo and then alone.
Another man was out walking his two dogs who I've not seen before.

Morning Walk Steps 13,069


🌥     ðŸŽƒ     ðŸ‘»     ðŸ™‚

I made the McDonalds pancakes for breakfast again.

Decided not to go to Stitching at the library today.
It's been a busy week doing things and just wanted to have a day at home.

I baked chocolate chip cookies.

Got a load of laundry washed and hung out on the line.

Did some reading and just puttered about the house.
Nice having a whole day at home.

Didn't make pizza last night so made that for supper this evening.

Hope your Saturday was a good one and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK🙂

You cannot judge what should bring others joy, 
and others cannot judge what should bring you joy.
Alan Cohen

6 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Sometimes it's nice to have a day at home and catch up with things.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...those Bantam chickens sure are stylish!

Michelle said...

Sounds like the perfect kind of day to me. Also, I love hanging my laundry on the line.

John's Island said...

Hi Karen, Absolutely love the photo of the trees and one with really red leaves! Great! John

Rose said...

You must have ESP--I almost ask you about the chickens last night or the night before. I always enjoy seeing them. Some days it is just good to be home. Actually a lot of days.

Debby said...

I like the quote!