Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 10, 2024

A Frosty Morn


It was a frosty morning with a temperature of 37 degrees when I arrived in town for my morning walk at 6:30.
Another clear morning with lots of stars.
There was a mist hanging over the pond and a couple of places had foggy patches.
Once the sun rose and came over the mountain it was sunny.

Walked up and down the main street in town andand some side roads and made a stop at the library to drop off a DVD.
Then around the cemetery on the hill.
As I walked around it a few times one bull in the Drane house pasture stood perfectly still watching me.
I went down to the fence to talk to him and take his picture.  
He never did move but as I talked to him his ears moved around a lot.


Walking down from the cemetery here.


Next I walked back down the road towards home a ways, turned around and lastly walked around the other cemetery.
Got all my steps in without walking around the ball park.

Didn't see anyone else out.
Morning Walk Steps 13,020


☀️    ๐ŸŽƒ    ๐Ÿ    ๐Ÿ™‚

We left the house after breakfast to do a few errands down in Oakland.
Put our voting ballots in the drop off box.

Next stop was Lowe's.
While Ken got some pipe I went and looked at the washing machines.
Though mine is still working if noisily it won't last much longer.
I found the one that looked the simplest without any bells and whistles. (Amana)
Reviews aren't so great though.

Stopped for gas and then before getting home went to the library to pick up a book I reserved. 
The White Robin by Miss Read.  
It wasn't in any library in MD, so it came in the mail from out of state from Allentown, PA.
How nice that Connie went the extra mile to get the book for me.
It comes with a warning - no renews and if it is lost or damaged the fine could be $75 or higher!!!

My book club met today but I didn't go.
Didn't read the book.

After lunch I baked a white cake with vanilla icing.
It was a box cake but I made the icing.
Usually make chocolate icing with a white cake so will see how this goes.
Cake instead of ice cream tonight.

Also made Sweet and Sour Cucumbers to go with the hot dogs we had for supper.

Went for another walk in the woods.

Happy Thursday and thank you for stopping by.
HappyK๐Ÿ™‚

4 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

A frosty morning and some fabulous photographs.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...the frost pictures are beautiful, but I'm not ready for frost.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Is this your porch? So pretty and fall-like. The trees in your first photo are stunningly gorgeous!!!! It does look like frost on the grass in the photo with the bull.

Mari said...

You had another beautiful Fall walk today. It's nice how the bull seemed to pose for you.
Your porch looks good!
Better not lose that book, that's quite a fine.
So, did you buy the washing machine or are you looking more. I don't have the bells and whistles on mine either. It's a Maytag.