Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Washed the Jeep

 On my way to town I saw 5 deer down by the apple tree.
It was 57 degrees, sunny, with no breeze.

I walked down the road I just drove up a ways and then
turned around and walked around both of the cemeteries.

Me and my shadow walking around the cemetery.


Might be a nice place for a group picnic by the pond. 


Continued walking over to the ball park.
Today the chickens were all lined up on a 6 x 6 along the fence.


Next I walked to the DG Market and walked up and down the
street behind it and then headed back to the Jeep.

John was out walking Prim and I saw
Sheila's car in the parking lot but never saw her.

Morning Walk Steps
12,642

🌤    🌤

Stitching morning at the library.
Only 3 of us there.
I just about finished knitting a scarf and will finish it later.
We talk about all kinds of things and today we ended
up talking about Jonah from the Bible.
They only knew the basics and asked me if I would tell them the story so I did.
Not sure if they were joking or not but told me to pick out another
Bible story to tell next week.🙂

I've been meaning to wash the Jeep for a while and
finally did that this afternoon.
Now it's nice and shiny again.

Then it was time for sitting on the porch having a drink (water) and reading.

Happy Saturday
Thanks for stopping by
happyone🙂
18,837
3,878,089
Sun 17,083
3,895,172

16 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Very nice photographs, I like the shadow shot.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

Love your daily walks.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks like you are now their designated storyteller! How funny about the chickens!!

Tom said...

...I don't know much about chickens, but these are beauties.

Granny Marigold said...

Those hens all lined up by the fence look so cute!!

Rose said...

Your stitching group sounds so nice. What are the others working on?

I love the collage of the chickens!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am sure that you know all of the Bible stories well and tell them so they are very interesting. Stories from the scriptures are also a marvelous way to witness and share the Gospel. I hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

Debby said...

Sounds like a peaceful day. Love the chickens!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

The chickens are waiting there to be fed, the look friendly, seeing them onmy walk would bring a smile to my face

eileeninmd said...

A nice day, I love your shadow shot.
The chickens are cute.
Take care, have a great week.

Ann said...

Love the shot of the chickens. I need to clean out the inside of my car. It needs to be vacuumed really bad and the floor mat on the drivers side needs cleaned. I can't seem to get myself to do it though.

Mari said...

I like your shadow and the chickens too!
I hope you can share another Bible story next week.

Bill said...

I see that the chickens lined up for their photo, they were ready for you. :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Chickens.

God bless.

ellen b. said...

That is a great shot of the chickens lined up! Glad you could tell the story of Jonah from the Bible. There are a lot of great stories to tell. Our car could sure use a scrub to get all the dead bugs off of it! Have a great week.

R's Rue said...

Love the chickens.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com