Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Geese and chickens

 

A little left over drizzle from last nights rain when I left this morning
for my walk around town.
It was 65 degrees with no wind.
I took along my umbrella but didn't need it.
After walking a couple of minutes it stopped and then just cloudy.

It was one of those very random walks all over the place
with no usual route.

This will probably be the last picture of the geese family.
You can see they are all the same size now.


Walking down from the cemetery I saw this other family
of geese cross the road to visit the family I've been watching! 🙂


I always stop to watch and talk to the chickens when I walk this way.


You will have to enlarge to see it,
but one of the chickens is standing in the tire made me chuckle.


Sheila was in town running again and I saw
a man running who I've seen a few times now, but don't know his name
but we alway say good morning as he runs past.
John was out walking Prim.

Morning Walk Steps
13,123

☁️    ☁️

We've been busy the last couple days 
and will be for the next two days as well,
so had to get the major housework for the week done today.
I moved along at a good clip and got everything done!!

Still I found time for a little reading and cross stitch work.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by
happyone🙂



Comment Replies:
Ginny - The lemon cake was delicious and we'll be having another piece this evening.

Ellen - Thanks for the prayers! 🙂🙏🏻 
18,227
3,818,592

16 comments:

Dianna said...

The geese are rather social since they were walking over to see the other family of geese. That's neat.

Glad you enjoyed your walk!

Tom said...

...those little fluff balls grow up quickly!

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww still nice to see the geese family.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, if this is the last photo of the goose family, it is a wonderful one! All in a line and posing!

Lisa said...

We pass a yard of chickens on our walks too. I love watching them run. It makes me laugh.

Lisa

Rose said...

I wonder what the chicken in the tire is doing...wonder if there are more worms/insects of something. I don't suppose we will ever know. I would be passing that place every day if I could.

Granny Marigold said...

Those Barred Rock hens remind me so much of the hens my Mom kept. They were good layers and were also good for the stew pot once they no longer layed well.

Mari said...

I've enjoyed the geese, like the chickens too!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. It always feel good to have a productive day. It's always good to see what you have been up to. See you again soon!

Linda said...

Geese are fun to see. I wish I had your energy.

Ann said...

You have a lot of geese around there.

eileeninmd said...

I like seeing the geese and the chickens.
Nice walk and photos.
Take care, have a great day!

Donna said...

New here...love the chickens!
hugs
Donna

ellen b. said...

I'm always impressed at how you manage your time!

Bill said...

I love the geese crossing the road to visit their neighbors. :)

Jennifer said...

Happy Thursday to you!! I hope you are having a good week and that your summer is going well. It has been a while since I've made many blog visits...but nice to stop by today!!:)