Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 04, 2024

A Relaxing Day

At 6:20 when I got to town and started walking it
was 73 degrees and cloudy with a breeze.

Had a very random walk all around town including both of the
cemeteries and the ball park.

Some chairs put out to save their spots for viewing the parade
which starts at 11:00.


Took pictures of flags around town and made a collage.


 Rebecca was out walking Leo.

Stopped to watch the geese family for a few minutes.
Saw a couple of deer and a groundhog.

Second half of my walk I started to see people walking about
getting things ready for the parade and festivities around town.

Morning Walk Steps
12,950

🇺🇸    ☁️    🇺🇸

Had all my cleaning done for this week so didn't have to do much today.
I made some ColeSlaw to go with the hamburgers we grilled outside.

We didn't go to town for the parade.
It is pretty much exactly the same every year and we've seen it
a bunch of times.

We just had a nice relaxing day at home puttering about.

Happy Thursday.
Happy 4TH of July.
Thanks for dropping by today.
happyone🙂

We have staked the whole future of American civilization,
not upon the power of government, far from it. 
We have staked the future of all to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the TEN COMMANDMENTS of GOD.

- James Madison -
18,080
3,300,564

13 comments:

Tom said...

...we went to a parade that stated at 11:00 also. It was in the upper 80s. Happy 4th.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your collage! I don't know how to make one. I especially like the polka dot Petunias.

Rose said...

A nice, quiet day is always good. I love the flag collage, too.

Debby said...

Oh I just love all the cities and towns across the country acknowledging Independence Day . We’re about ready to go over to my son’s house for dinner. Right now it’s 111. We’ll be home before dark and fireworks to be with Laydee and Susie.

Mari said...

Happy 4th! I like the collage and the quote!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the ending quote by James Madison. Glad you had a nice day. We didn't go to any parades either.

Ann said...

Sounds like a perfect day. That's kind of how I feel about the parades here. If it weren't for the fact that most of them go up my street, I wouldn't bother with watching them.
Homemade coleslaw and burgers sound yummy

eileeninmd said...

I like your flag collage, looks pretty. We had a relaxing day here too.
Take care, have a wonderful day and happy weekend!

Dianna said...

I enjoyed the pictures of the flags around your town, Karen.

Coleslaw and grilled burgers sound delicious!

Thank youfor sharing the quote.

Bill said...

Nice flag collage.

ellen b. said...

Love seeing all the red white and blue. Sounds like a good day and an all American menu! Love that quote!

Granny Marigold said...

I know what you mean about parades. For years we took the children but now we're not going to go in the hot sun and stand for hours.

Prims By The Water said...

I so love all of the patriotic pride out there. Janice