Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Sunday


We sang this hymn at church this morning.
I've posted it before but it is one of my favorites.
You just can't sing this and not be happy.


🎶 Oh Say, But I'm Glad 🎶
Words - James Patrick Sullivan - 1930
Music - Mildred E Sullivan - 1930

There is a song in my heart today,
Something I never had;
Jesus has taken my sins away,
Oh, say, but I'm glad.

     Refrain:
    Oh, say, but I'm glad, I'm glad,
    Oh, say, but I'm glad,
    Jesus has come and my cups overrun;
    Oh, say, but I'm glad.

Wonderful, marvelous love He brings,
Into a heart that's sad;
Through darkest tunnels the soul just sings,
Oh, say, but I'm gad.

We have a fellowship rich and sweet,
Tongues can never relate;
Abiding in Him, the souls Retreat -
Oh, say, but it's great.

Won't you come to Him with all your care,
Weary and worm and sad?
You, too, will sing as His love you share,
Oh, say, but I'm glad. 

📖 Psalm 90:14 📖
O satisfy us early with thy mercy:
that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

A Blessed Sunday to you.
happyone ❤️

15103
677017

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Another beautiful sky, pretty photo.
Happy Sunday! Take care, have a wonderful week!

Mari said...

That's another good one that I haven't sung for a long time. Have a good rest of the day.

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

I like that!

Tom said...

...keep looking up to the beautiful sky!

doodles n daydreams said...

Sorry, that should read Great words for a happy heart. 🙄 I couldn't delete it

Ginny Hartzler said...

We don't know this hymn. But your sky photo is gorgeous!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Sunday, Karen. What a great message in this hymn! Have a good week!

Linda said...

What does cheerful hymn! That’s a beautiful sky

Ann said...

Beautiful sky picture. I've never heard the hymn but it does have happy lyrics.

R's Rue said...

Thank you.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

ellen b. said...

This one is new to me. I like it! :)

Rosa Valenti said...

What a gorgeous sky! Thanks for sharing